MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/17/2011 02:01 PM

hospital visit

sheliacat

hello everyone as you can see in the subject box i took a trip to the hospital of all days my husbands Birthday,.i was hurting with stomach pains realy bad ..thenlater on begain to have chest pain and burning in my chest .

so took off to the doctor to think well they will give me some meds and send me on my way..they took me right in did a ekg and put me in the room ..come in did blood work and chest exray..so we waited and waited and waited..

so the nursecomes in and said we found critical info on your ekg i said ok whats that mean well he said the doctor wants to do a cat scan of your heart and stomach with contast at the same time..so off to exray again..came back waitted some more 13 hours in that room ..then the doctor came in said the test came back negative normal .. but that dont mean there still isnt something wrong with you...so we want to keep you here over night. i was tired and mad i told them no im ready to go home

im not staying any longer..they were insisting i look further.they wanted to get my heart doctor in and my GI doctor ,..so my husband told me its best to stay so i did...

well more blood work more test.. all that day the late that evening my GI doctor walks in tells me that she is going to do a upper gi on me the next day at 2:00 i was doing a upper gi..to make this short she came back to tell me i had muttiple ulcers in my stomach

she ask had i been taking asprin or anything related to it i said no she thought i had becouse of my pain with lyme desease or fibro i said i only take tylenol she said well its from 2 things asprin or bacteria...

so what i was wondering do you know if maybe all these abx could have had something to do with it???she took 5 biopsys is anyone had ulcers ????she wants to do another GI in 2 months im on a very strict diet with this ..so please any info would be appreciated...and they still have me on a heart monitor..thanks shelia

11/17/2011 02:42 PM
steelers

are you still at the hospital i would not eat any type of acid food

11/17/2011 03:30 PM
sheliacat

no im out and on a diet no fat or spicey foods lean meats still feel weak from all of this now have a knot or something in my throat from the tube thats never happen before...thank you

11/17/2011 04:30 PM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

There are some meds that can cause ulcers...would need to know the names of the meds that you are on...

Lyme will TEAR up the digestive system...

http://www.thehumansideoflyme.net/viewarticle.php?aid=62& PHPSESSID=ef9185b3df131704b926bf06a698073f

I am SO sorry that you are having to go through ALL of this...it sucks...its just not fair...

But you will find a way through...We are all here for you...

Christine

11/17/2011 08:30 PM
summer52

Hi....

They can be healed mine were. It does take time and they have to find the cause of them....

I hope you are feeling better. I sent you a few pms regarding this.

11/18/2011 09:03 AM
sheliacat

thanks christine, the only meds i was on was motoprol, abx and vitamins thats it..i used tylenol for my pain med not very helpful but i just dont like meds...i do have another problem now im concerned about. i came home from the hospital and found this boil or pimple looking thing on my buttocks and was freaked out becouse i know the hospital is the worse place to get a staph infection..

so i called my doctor cant see him until tuesday the 22nd. so he call me in doxy.. im taking omnicef 300mg.azithromycin 250 mg.and tindamax 250 mg..so im taking plenty of abx is it ok to add that one to it or should i just take it alone what do yall think???thanks shelia

11/18/2011 09:05 AM
sheliacat

thanks summer

11/18/2011 09:44 AM
steelers

shelia i pray you continue to recover to full health

Post edited by: steelers, at: 11/18/2011 09:45 AM

11/18/2011 10:07 AM
sheliacat

thank you, very much steelers...

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved