MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/29/2009 09:06 PM

Aloe Vera Juice -Ok Guys time for your daily Laugh(page 3)

erut10
erut10  

Thanks so much for all the great info, really appreciate it. I'm starting my aloe supplements tomorrow and will let you know how it works out.

Eric

08/04/2009 04:29 PM
AlysSong
AlysSong  

Hate to totally change the topic, but...

For me, as I don't have a lot of the other issues that you guys are discussing, just the nausea, I've been using cola syrup for years. It tastes good, has no side effects, and is perfectly safe for anyone but diabetics.

Good luck!

08/04/2009 04:37 PM
kittiekat

i hav a quick question about cola syrup...what do you take it for? I mean what dies it address for lyme as I never herd of it before now....what is the sugar and glycemic index???I was wondering becuz my LLMD said no sugar as it feeds the lyne bacteria to reproduce....

thanks so much

Kittie

08/04/2009 04:43 PM
AlysSong
AlysSong  

I don't know about the glycemic index or sugar content... I take it for nausea. About a tablespoon poured over crushed ice takes away the worst of the nausea.

08/04/2009 04:53 PM
kittiekat

good to know as I am herxing on rocephin and am so nauious its crazy...will ask my llmd if ok to take re sugars and get back to you on the sugar thing just in case...take care

kittie xo

08/04/2009 04:59 PM
AlysSong
AlysSong  

If he isn't sure exactly what it is (and a lot of dr's I've known aren't) tell him that it's essentially soda that hasn't had the carbonation added yet.

Thanks for the well wishes!

Good luck!

08/04/2009 05:47 PM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

Milk Thistle I believe is another thing used for nausea.

08/09/2009 09:38 AM
zoemajik
zoemajik  

You know what, Carol? Your post made me realize that since starting milk thistle at the beginning of the year, I haven't really had any nausea. It never occurred to me to make any sort of connection, but I used to have nausea frequently, and especially after taking doxy or minocycline on an empty stomach. Maybe the milk thistle is helping out there, too. I started taking it for my liver....

Thanks!

Valerie

08/09/2009 09:45 AM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

Your welcome Valerie,

Our LLMD recommended it to my oldest because she was vomiting almost daily. It has helped her alot and if she misses a dose she gets that icky stomach.

01/19/2010 04:24 PM
sonyafly
sonyafly  

Activated Charcoal helps with nausea also. Smile I haven't been nauseous in a long time. Maybe it's because I take Milk Thistle twice a day?? Who knows. I'm ordering aloe vera juice. Couldn't hurt, right??

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved