MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/20/2012 07:30 PM

Good white noise machine for sound sensitivity?(page 2)

RavenLunatic
RavenLunatic  
Group Leader

I don't know? The vacuum was the only thing that worked for me & I tried everything.

Everyone is different.... =0}

05/20/2012 08:18 PM
sebnova81
sebnova81  

I do a fan on high when we're at our house and use an app on my iphone if we're staying somewhere else without a fan. There are a lot of apps out there that have different sounds (nature, water, wind, etc). I am not sure what else would maybe help?

I personally like music or nature sounds more than the white noise sound.

05/21/2012 03:33 PM
WiscLamLymie
WiscLamLymie  
Group Leader

I think the point was, a vacuum cleaner may be the only thing they had in the house possibly, so they were being resourceful. I use a box fan.

But when I go somewhere away from home, I have an app on my iPhone that does all kinds of white noise and then some. And you can blend them at different volumes, etc., for the perfect sound. It's the best $4.99 I ever spent.

Lauren

05/21/2012 04:49 PM
nank59
nank59  

Radio static also makes great white noise. It worked wonderfully for my granddaughter when she was a baby.

05/23/2012 03:20 AM
Mollyj

There are websites that offer pure white noise in a variety of sounds that are available in CD and mp3 download formats. These sounds go beyond just plain white noise or static. For me, I like the steady hum of an air conditioner and the box fan sound, both of which I can get online instead of running those machines.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved