MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/08/2012 01:06 PM

Herxing on Horseradish... Oh My!!!(page 3)

PosionIvy
PosionIvy  

Hey Raven! I just got some horsradish and put it into 4 empty capsules. That was 1 hour ago. I started feeling jittery, dizzy and some mild head pressure. I'm going to keep this up for a few days and then up the dose if I am able. Thanks for sharingSmile Have a good day, Sweetheart. Thanks for the long conversation the other day...you are a friggin' lyme dictionary! I hope you are feeling good today.

01/08/2012 04:44 PM
RavenLunatic
RavenLunatic  
Group Leader

It's a double edge sword.... Glad you're herxing, Sorry you feel so bad!!!

I know it's hard to do at 1st, but you really want to "EAT" the Horseradish, not take it in the capsule form. Reason being, when you eat it, the enzymes will drain into your lymph nodes & sinuses killing the infection there. You'll get use to it over time!!!

Glad I was able to help. You are so welcome. Here's to healthier & happier days ahead, IVY!!!

01/08/2012 05:13 PM
Weasy
Weasy  
VIP Member

Raven.. I think I want to start ingesting Horseradish to recreate the herx I had over the holiday break.

What type of dose did you start out with?

01/08/2012 06:02 PM
RavenLunatic
RavenLunatic  
Group Leader

I don't know about dosing, Weasy. I just put a TBSP or so on my salad before I add my Braggs Dressing, then I stir it all in, together. I do this once or twice a day.

01/08/2012 06:11 PM
Weasy
Weasy  
VIP Member

Thanks for the inspiration Wink

01/08/2012 06:21 PM
VicMac
VicMac  

Raven, great information! And I am so glad to hear that you are finding answers to your adrenal situation.

I am not surprised that horseradish can cause a record breaking herx.

I am with Winters5 on this, I dont see how anyone can ingest the stuff. It burns up my sinuses like I've inhaled fire. Actually extremely painful to eat. Can see why it would cause the head herx symptoms.

But I would sure like to figure out how to, because I just know this stuff has to help alot of things.

I also noticed what seemed to be an increase of herx symptoms after eating cilantro in my salad for a while. Foods can be powerful.

Hope you keep feeling better Raven!

01/08/2012 06:25 PM
Weasy
Weasy  
VIP Member

Vicki.. I'm with you on the Cilantro!

For some reason I can't ingest it because it causes extreme back pain from what I remember. I have avoided it for so long but it may be worth another shot.

"Let thy food be thy medicine."

01/11/2012 01:23 PM
lymeinmich

I just recently started eating HR.

Before I can swallow it, it goes straight to my sinuses.

Instant burning sinuses.

I try to eat a heaping tsp at a time. It's hard to eat more cuz it is painful and I don't like the taste either Smile

I figure the burning sinus is normal, but I don't know for sure.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved