MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/10/2009 08:31 AM

Herxing?

lckymom311
lckymom311  

what does this mean? also is there such a thing as a pump for the antibiotics like a diabetic would get so i dont have to do IV line over and over

11/10/2009 09:07 AM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Not sure about a pump

But Herxing is basically the result of die off of the bacteria and such - and the toxins that build up - causes us to get more sick - before we start getting better...

some dont herx at all - some a little - and some a whole lot -

key is detoxing

11/10/2009 09:44 AM
lckymom311
lckymom311  

thank you! how do you know youre detoxing would that be by running the titter again?

12/03/2009 04:58 PM
MIssDiagnosed

Hi How bad is bad? is there a "blog" on just herxing? how long do they normally last, what's the worst anyone has herxed? and then felt better..

I had to quit Flagyl on the 7th day due to severe kidney/gall bladder issues and a lot of nerve tingling just on one side of my head. But having stopped and been off it for 2 wks, joint problems are quiet acute, like never before and I feel I should go back on the Flagyl.... anyway- I was really trying to gauge - I have a good tolerance to pain/discomfort and am willing to go through a lot to feel better-

Thanks so much for being out there, here and supportive

This is all new to me although the symptoms and trails and errors feel ancient

Melissa

12/03/2009 06:13 PM
btice
btice  

I have a Central Line that goes right into my chest. I take the antibiotics twice a day by IV that way. It's kind of gross to have a tube running out of your chest but it beats having a needle stuck in you every day, twice a day....

Here's a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hickman_line . That should get you some information. It's really not that hard to use and mine only has one line... not two.

12/03/2009 06:43 PM
cmal
cmal  

I get a medport put in the first week of january. Do I really hvae to get needled twice a day everyday???? No one told me that! uugh

12/06/2009 06:00 AM
jaime1978
jaime1978  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

it's possible, but I hear it doesn't hurt too bad...depends on your doc as to how often it has to be put in...

12/06/2009 08:37 AM
btice
btice  

You don't get needled.... the whole reason for getting the port is to avoid the needles... Laughing

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved