MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/03/2009 08:38 AM

real names for Cumanda and Burbur?

Smiffy
Smiffy  

Please does anyone know if cumanda and burbur have 'real' herbal names? thank you

I'm switching from Samento to cat's claw tincture as I can buy a whole litre of cat's claw for the same price as a tiny bottle of Sa,ento. I wondered if the other two Nutramedix herbs Cumanda and Burbur could be bought cheaper in another form.

(taking; cat's claw, Cumanda. Filisa, Simba, Lauricidin)

03/03/2009 08:44 AM
Canuck
Canuck  

They are cheaper in other forms, I have a fact sheet as to why Samento is more potent than cat's claw, but hey- I understand that one, we all do.. It's just the bioavailability and if your body will absorb the cats claw..

Cumanda is an herbal extract made from the bark of the Campsiandra angustifolia tree found in the Amazon basin.

the nutramedix /makers of Burbur, use the leaves of Desmodium Molliculum...the extracts make them more effective/potent-not sure but I think it's from S America as well, most are

Post edited by: Canuck, at: 03/03/2009 08:46

03/03/2009 09:02 AM
Smiffy
Smiffy  

Thank you Canuk, that's really helpful.

I've found the Desmodium Mollicum marketed in the Uk as Manayupa, which looks cheaper than the Burbur, but can't find any cheaper equivalents of Cumanda here.

03/03/2009 09:13 AM
Canuck
Canuck  

I haven't either- to be honest Nutramedix could have or do have patents on those 'extracts' as far as I know. The 'name/plant' that cumanda comes from is sold at Rain Tree as well as their 'spiro' extract which someone here is on (can't remember) for spriochetal diseases, the mix is nothing of the 'popular' ones we talk of.. I found a French site that sells the plants but we wouldn't be able to import plants (I want the STUFF from the plant)--if I find anything else I will let you know- it's slim pickings my friend

03/03/2009 10:42 AM
Smiffy
Smiffy  

thenks Canuck, you're so well informed & a real help

- I'll have a search for 'rain tree'.

03/06/2009 04:27 AM
Smiffy
Smiffy  

I've found that lauricidin can be taken cheaply as cold pressed virgin coconut oil, although it may not be as effective.

The ones I can't find an alternative to are Cumanda, Simba and Filisa - the last two are African herbs so i'm not holding out much hope.

03/07/2009 03:56 PM
Canuck
Canuck  

I am reading GREAT things about laurdicin... I think Jen knows about this one too or may have experience with it, no memory! Oh Smiffy most of the time I just am a quick bunny hopping for resources but thanksSmile

03/07/2009 04:01 PM
Canuck
Canuck  

Smiffy--need names of the foreigners or just some posts/concerns you don't have to send names- about the current fight for the Oprah show! Hint hintSmile

Simba aside from being a character in the Lion King- found a site for that

SIMBA™ (Hypoxis Hemerocallidea) can be used to treat both an under-active and an over-active immune system, because it helps to restore normal immune function. It also acts as a potent natural anti-inflammatory.

then Filisa

Sutherlandia frutescens, is a much-respected and long-used medicinal plant that is also an attractive garden plant, and has been cultivated in gardens for many years, for its fine form, striking colour and luminous flowers. It is known for helping cancer and HIV AIDS so of course it would help Lyme..There is a site that could be only African herbals but here it is, could be worth looking into

http://www.littleherbal-int.com/

03/07/2009 04:34 PM
Canuck
Canuck  

i also just read the laurdicin is really helpful in removing neurotoxins too. If it's sold in extracts and you are taking the oil I really see it as helpful regardless. We all need to figure out how to do this more economically

03/07/2009 07:12 PM
zoemajik
zoemajik  

Hey, Smiffy! Let us know how you fare on the cat's claw tincture! Is it TOA-free? I bought the stuff that isn't, in capsule form and it didn't help me much - but the raw herb steeped as a tea helped a bit. I bought it because it was cheaper but I got relief of many more symptoms in only a few days on the Samento. I put off buying a bottle for six months because I didn't want to pay the money, and I was missing out on a lot of relief. Worth the extra bit per month, because I only use a few drops a day. I really want to know if you have good success with the liquid form! I hope you do.

Just so it's all in one place:

BURBUR - desmodium molliculum

CAT'S CLAW and SAMENTO - uncaria tomentosa

CUMANDA - campsiandra angustifolia

SIMBA - hypoxis hemerocallidea

FILISA - sutherlandia frutescens

LAURICIDIN - lauric acid, component of coconut

Also, there is a difference between teas, tinctures and extracts. As I recall, a tea is made from water and the herb, a tincture is the herb steeped in alcohol/water or an extract with alcohol/water added, and extracts are directly from the plant. Make sure that what you're buying is not a heavily diluted tincture ... sometimes you really get what you pay for, you know?

Anyway, keep us informed!

Valerie

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved