MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/10/2009 10:59 PM

PICC PORT HICKMAN GROSHONG: Who has what?

canucklymie
Canuck  

This is my daily poll. Who all has WHAT type of IV access and did you have a choice?

I have a port a cath which was displayed but changed my pic AGAIN, yes I am nutty too. I think at least in that respect I lucked out, the port, not the nutty. I did a little 'description' in a rocephin post, but , just curious as to what access all of you iv abx users have and , like it, or not, how long, whatever you would like to share! Thanks for reading. Good morning by the way. Going to my doc today so will be back LATER on the flip side againWink

Post edited by: canucklymie, at: 02/11/2009 00:16

Post edited by: Canuck, at: 02/11/2009 03:02

02/13/2009 01:16 AM
Canuck
Canuck  

Alright . I have posted three little daily queries and my 'enough' post I am so grateful for all the support. I am renewing this since I have been on here again tonight for another 7 hours in my insomnia ridden life, and just seeing if anyone wants to put any beefs, thoughts,etc here on IV access. Or hey, my CDC one, that's up for a reply too. I may just be going a bit goofy with all these toxins in the brain.

I also wanted to know IF anyone replies with a port, if they had it removed or replaced, how long they had it in.. Just curious. Thanks guys

02/16/2009 12:48 PM
Canuck
Canuck  

Well I am so surprised to hear that no one has anything to say about iv access, the end all be all invasion of your body tell tale sign that you are sick or 'something'Smile

02/17/2009 10:26 AM
BuckeyeLyme

you know me, I have a Groshong and I HATE it!! Before that had a picc, hated it too, lol.

I am also suprised no one else has responded, I would love to hear from someone with some Groshong experience before I rip it outta my neck!!!

04/08/2009 02:57 PM
amberbaz
amberbaz  

i have a powerport, not sure what it is offically called though( the little purple disc sewn under my skin so nothing visible but a scar). i have horrible veins and when they put a picc in the 1st round of iv meds my body hated it and i hated too haha. when it was time to do another round the dr asked if i wanted a port and i had no idea what he was talking about. had i known how much easier it is to just have them poke the needle through the skin i never would have gone 2 months with a picc! i have an ugly scar from the incision and an ugly scar where i get accessed everyday but it is so worth it!

04/08/2009 03:40 PM
DENISEMENDEZ

I, also have a port under the skin. I absolutely LOVE it. The 4 days/week that I have my treatments I have the needle poked through my skin with the small tubing attached. The other 3 days I have nothing. Am able to pull the needle with the tubing out and be FREE!

04/08/2009 03:49 PM
amberbaz
amberbaz  

oh i take mine out after every treatment but thats just cuz i would rather have more pokes then deal with the tubing haha.

04/08/2009 03:55 PM
KatiB
KatiB  

I am starting a picc line on friday. I am a little worried about it bceuase I work with children and a tube in my arm + little kids doesnt sound great.

04/08/2009 04:13 PM
ACajunBabe4U
ACajunBabe4U  

I have a Hickman in my chest. It's been there for a little over a week. I have a tube coming out of my chest that hooks straight to a syringe or the IV tubing. NO NEEDLES!!! So far it's going good. Apparently this one will last longer for doing IVs twice a day, four days a week. They skin would wear out over a port I was told as often as I would be sticking myself. I'm doing Rocephin 2mgs twice a day...

04/08/2009 07:17 PM
amberbaz
amberbaz  

i have built a ton of scar tissue over mine but in a strange turn of events i lost 40 pounds since when i had my port put in and so the port shifted and we are in new skin now haha.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved