MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/18/2012 10:02 AM

Yellow toenails...(page 2)

sebnova81
sebnova81  

eeeee mine don't look as bad as those pics, thank goodness Smile I don't want them to get to that point though!

02/19/2012 12:47 PM
Kyrenora
Kyrenora  

As a nail professional, here are a few more tricks:

Everything said about yeast/fungus is true, and the tea tree you're using should be helping. Someone also mentioned coconut oil and hydrogen peroxide. Both are good, but the latter is better.

If you're not sensitive to chemicals, SOAK your nails in 70% isopropyl alcohol, the hydrogen peroxide, or 100% acetone. Yeast and fungus like warm and wet. These will strip the moisture right out. Hydrogen peroxide also has bleaching properties, which will hide the yellow even before the problem is fully fixed.

If it's not too deep, sometimes you can buff the yellow right off, but I suspect you're past that point.

02/19/2012 03:36 PM
doglick
doglickPosts: 682

Fungus foot...raw bleach works best. Scrub with soft brush followed by adding warm water and a soak. Try it. It takes a few weeks of daily treatment, but it works.

02/19/2012 03:44 PM
Kyrenora
Kyrenora  

^^ I would definitely recommend the gentler hydrogen peroxide to bleach and dehydrate over the pure Clorox. The pure bleach can cause nails and skin to flake off.

02/19/2012 04:49 PM
doglick
doglickPosts: 682

I've been using bleach for years. It really does work. No nail problems. Some skin flakes but only the stuff that is infected. Healthy skin and nail are unaffected. The end result is smooth skin and clear nails. It is an old time treatment for athletes foot as well. It clears the burning/itching almost immediately and is far cheaper than the creams and powders.

02/19/2012 06:29 PM
Kyrenora
Kyrenora  

Everyone's system is different. I'm just recommending that *for starters* beginning with something like hydrogen peroxide is a good idea. Once they know how they react to the chemical and any side effects, they can make a personal decision on their required "dosage" Smile

06/29/2012 09:50 AM
fungusbgone

Most people are more interested in finding treatment at home, which is understandable. However, these can be used for months and are usually ineffective because they don't kill the toenail fungus completely.

Now there is a breakthrough toenail fungus laser treatment that is FDA approved for the removal of toenail fungus.

The laser works by vaporizing the fungal DNA. Once treated using the toenail fungus laser treatment, the toenail fungus can no longer grow and cause infection in the nail bed. The toenail fungus laser treatment is completed in a single session, does not damage healthy nail or skin and there is minimal recovery time.

Visit http://www.yournextstep.net/about-new-nail to find loads of information on toenail fungus and the laser treatment.

07/20/2012 12:35 PM
fungusbgone

Post edited by: fungusbgone, at: 07/20/2012 12:36 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved