MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/05/2012 07:03 AM

can't pee! no pain; just doesn't come out

catfish22

I am now having a problem peeing. I must sit and concentrate for several minutes before i can get it to start.

Once started...it starts and stops.

I have no pain or burning.

Does anyone else deal with this?

Is this part of my Lyme?

I drink lots of water, close to a gallon per day to flush out the bad guys!

My feet are not swollen, but i dont feel i am peeing as much as i should for the amount of fluid i take in.

Any sugestions?

02/20/2012 10:03 PM
RavenLunatic
RavenLunatic  
Group Leader

Catfish -

This sounds like cystitis to me. Usually the main cause for this is systemic Candida.

Another thing you should be aware of is the fact that people can, over time, develop Kidney Stones from chronic cystitis. I had this happen to me before I 1st. got DX.

02/20/2012 10:24 PM
RavenLunatic
RavenLunatic  
Group Leader

Oh Yeah, sorry, I forgot.... you might want to also look into Uterine Fibroids if it's caused by non-infection.

Post edited by: RavenLunatic, at: 02/20/2012 10:26 PM

02/21/2012 01:13 AM
Kyrenora
Kyrenora  

I've also had UTIs manifest this way. Sometimes for a few days it will start and stop, but the burning won't set in until later. I don't know how common this is.

02/21/2012 08:29 AM
Scandic
Scandic  

Catfish, I do not know how old you are, but my mother had this problem when she got a little older.

Basically, her bladder was "sagging", partly due to having had kids (I'm afraid I was partly to blame, I was an unusually big baby). Where some women get "leakage" others have the opposite problem. It was solved by an easy day-surgery to put a "sling" in to support the bladder.

Other things pressing on your bladder like uterine fibroids or your colon are possibilities.

The other thing it could be is small stones/grit in your bladder.

Just some ideas...

02/21/2012 07:57 PM
iamiamwhoami

Look into pelvic floor rehabilitation/physical therapy. Candida infections and cystitis can make those muscles tense up a lot and give you trouble with urination. There are specially trained physical therapists that work with those conditions.

02/21/2012 08:11 PM
tizmo
tizmo  

I had that problem to, I was told it is a glitch in the nervous system due to the lyme. The nerves that tell your bladder to release are messes up.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved