MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/21/2012 04:11 PM

Detoxing Tips?

rhodytrack

Looking for detoxing tips. I can't stomach one more supplement or pill...and I don't want to buy a bunch of expensive stuff.

Aside from lemon water and hot showers (my 6'3" self doesn't fit in a bathtub), is there anything SIMPLE I can do to help rid some of the toxins in my body?

I see lists and lists of supplements that people are taking, and I'm not really up for that. Is there one or two things that helped you?

I'm on Biaxin/Rifampin/Tindamax at the moment. Taking a multivitamin, loads of probiotics, and I was taking an adrenal supplement by Gaia herbs.

Herxing is a good thing I guess, but I feel like garbage.

01/21/2012 04:43 PM
fabajenna
fabajenna  

Hi Rhody-

You can try bentonite clay, activated charcoal, and/or also zeolites..they are on the cheaper end and will last a while..how are you with teas? There's a bunch of different teas that will help you detox if you don't want to swallow pills..

Blessings to you.

peace-kim

01/21/2012 04:48 PM
patty2580
patty2580  

Even if you don't like to take baths, the hydrogen peroxide/epson salt bath ALWAYS makes me feel better. Especially if I dry brush my body first with a natural hair brush. I learned about that on this site.

Doing that right before bed helps the herxing pain and helps me sleep better at night.

So, even if it's not ideal with your size,, if you have a bathtub, I would recommend it.

01/21/2012 04:58 PM
wlkthlne
wlkthlne  

ACV.......or and plus IR sauna??????? The sauna...is two fold for me..It makes me feel better when I feel like crap..herxin'...then sometimes but not too often it will make me herx.....then I feel much better later....

the ACV...is apple cider viniger(braggs)...I use it when my symptoms are full bore.....it gets them down enough so I feel like I'm somewhat human.

I love my lemon water.....I like my tox-ease pills....and the detox baths.....

You are right! they sure didn't make tubs for big people..what where they thinkin?!!!!Wink

Many here listed some good things.....

WLk=Cool

01/21/2012 05:11 PM
sebnova81
sebnova81  

Kim-

What teas are good for detox?

Thanks!

01/21/2012 05:36 PM
fabajenna
fabajenna  

Hi Seb-

You can check this site out..I'm not a tea drinker myself, but there are lots of separate recipes for specific organs..this one happens to have multiple recipes on it..

http://yourdetoxstore.com/Home-Detox-Tea-Recipes.php

Here's another one for you..

http://greenplanetethics.com/wordpress/simple-homemade- detox-tea-recipes/

peace-kim

Post edited by: fabajenna, at: 01/21/2012 05:37 PM

01/21/2012 05:48 PM
Essent55
Essent55  

This might sound strange, but some homemade guacamole, pico de gallo, and some kefir (probiotic yogurt juice) to coat the stomach sure makes me feel better. I know it isn't a traditional "cleanse", but the combo of fiber, probiotics, and nutrients cant hurt?? Smile

01/21/2012 05:54 PM
sebnova81
sebnova81  

Thanks, Kim! I just discovered I had one last bag of lemon liver detox tea that I forgot I had, from before all the lyme business, so I'm sipping on that for now. I will explore more tea options and try to have a couple cups a day!

01/21/2012 05:59 PM
sebnova81
sebnova81  

Are spicy foods good for detox or not recommended if they are hard on the stomach. I love curry, sriracha, jalapenos etc... but haven't been eating spicy food as much because I didn't know if it would be too hard on my already antibiotic-beaten stomach?

01/21/2012 06:27 PM
Essent55
Essent55  

I bet it is. Sorry. Maybe just avacado, less the spicy stuff?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved