MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/19/2011 05:41 AM

Probiotic dosage I should use?

toughgirl48
toughgirl48  

Hey guys,

Looking for a little advice-

I have chronic Lyme and have been on antibiotic medications for about a year and a half now.

I was wondering if I could get some advice on what and how much probiotics I should be taking?

I currently am taking Ultimate Flora Critical Care, which is 50 billion.

I hoped I could get some insight into what you guys have had luck with and how much you were taking?

Thanks so much!

10/19/2011 11:46 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

did this get buried? up to the top for poster Wink

bettyg

10/20/2011 07:18 PM
geojerry

I use one VSL#3 capule/day, the strength is about 112 bil. The mfg recommends a two capsule serving of 225 bil/day.

can get it from their website of same name, also comes in a prescrip. strength and as powder. Not familar with either.

good luck!

10/20/2011 07:22 PM
TRL
TRL  

I really like the liquid probiotics- I find they help when I can tell things are getting out of control. Apple Cider Vinegar is also good. I was recommended Floragen 3 and megazymes by my ND. They are sort of expensive though. Hope that helps!

10/21/2011 05:03 AM
toughgirl48
toughgirl48  

Thanks so much for the help, I will definitely look into those!

TRL- do you know if the Apple Cider Vinegar capsules work as well as straight AVC? I have taken it before, but it's definitely not the best tasting!

10/21/2011 05:16 AM
lymeinmich

I use pb8 from the health food stores. It has 14 billion

I take it (1) 2-3 times a day.

I keep it refrigerated, and so do the 2 different stores that I frequently buy it from. It is also available at Swansons online for a good price. The directions say it does not have to be refrigerated, but the stores refrigerate it so I do as well.

I have rad that it is good to take a couple different brands or types instead of 1 brand multiple times a day. This is to insure getting the most of several types of the good bacteria.

10/27/2011 10:43 AM
TRL
TRL  

Toughgirl-

I didn't know they made ACV in capsule! Good to know because the liquid makes me want to throw up! So, sorry, I don't know the answer but will look into it and post back if I find anything.

Good luck!

10/27/2011 10:49 AM
toughgirl48
toughgirl48  

TRL-

I know the feeling, the ACV made me feel the same way. But they do indeed make it in a capsule! Hopefully we can find out and trade the straight ACV in for something way easier to take! Thanks for the help!

10/27/2011 11:00 AM
wlkthlne
wlkthlne  

umm....ACV.....I've done the 1oz to 4oz of water..heated in micro..I add a touch of raw honey...and sip......like a tea

Never had any issues??? But strangely I've had issues with the refridge type Probiotics?????

Weird how we all different...I've only used the ACV in the eve when the herx's are pretty bad...so I can get some sleep....

There is a product..Jarow Formulas..Saccharomyces Boulardii plus Mos..at 5billion..that does not need to be refridge..from VitiCost..

That during the day works for me......?????? who knows why????

We have to find our "balance" there too???

Hope you find some answers....this is all I know at my end..for "me"

wlk--Cool

10/27/2011 12:03 PM
Weasy
Weasy  
VIP Member

Raw Apple Cider Vinegar = Yum!!Tongue

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved