MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/01/2010 09:37 AM

Doxy 2x/day

bamabelle

I am currently taking 100mg of Doxy 2x/day (have been for almost 14 days with no relief). I have read where some say the Doxy is not real effective, but when do you know when it is appropriate or necessary to do the IV treatment or other treatments (if any) that are available?? Thanks!

Kimberly ♥[b]

07/02/2010 01:57 PM
zoemajik
zoemajik  

Hi Kimberly Smile

Doxy is usually indicated in early infections. Sometimes long term doxy is effective if the infection is caught later. It all depends.

How long have you had symptoms / been sick / bitten? Do you have a Lyme-literate doctor who is willing to give you proper treatment? If not, our group leaders may be able to help you find one.

((hugs))

07/03/2010 12:03 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

bama,

you've not been on abx long enough to see anythign except side effects, HERXheimers!

i too was on doxy 200 daily PULSED with biaxin meaning

i'd take doxy for 3 days, off 2 days

then start biaxin for 3 days, off 2 days

then back doxy

yes, do you have a LLMD, lyme literate md; NOT an infectious dr. who practives IDSA, infectious disease society guidelines only of 1 pill to 3 wks. max!!

post in LLMD FORUM REQUETS, top forum shown on lyme home page. read my and cmany/christine's messages of what we each need from you, the posters ok. Smile hugs

07/06/2010 02:41 PM
Panda2010
Panda2010  

A lymie from Wisconsin that I talked to before I was diagnosed, told me that Doxy was used as a Lyme 'test'- you feel worse when you're on it because you have Lyme and it is working.

Leaders might know better if this is true.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved