MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/25/2008 07:50 AM

Anyone Against Samento?

buckron

I am wondering why doesn't everyone just jump onto the Samento? With all the good feedbacks posted on the net even comparing it to antibiotic treatment why not just cough up the bucks get on it and hope for the best.2 1/2 weeks ago when i started it i was a mess pain,arthritis, diabetic all kinds of new monster symptoms,Now i am down to a few aches and pains a day, all joint swelling is gone.I do not think its a co-incidence.More Samento feedback please!
--- The discussion has been locked ---

07/25/2008 08:20 AM
ConnieD
ConnieD  

I'm a huge fan of Samento. What do you mean cough up the bucks???? It's been a cheap antibiotic for me. I'm confused. I use Samento by Nutramedix. I'm on my third bottle. I pay about $30 per 1 ounce bottle. I am also free of the symptoms of Lyme. I took some other herbs, homeopathics and nutritional sups, too. I was a 'train wreck' by the time I was diagnosed. It took about eight months for me to significant changes in my fatiuge levels, pain, etc.

I probably could have stopped taking samento by now. ( I've been on and off of it since March of 2007. ) I was doing really good, BUT I got reinfected in May of this yearSad . I know, what are the chances of that??? Oh well, there's a plan in there somewhere. Besides, the symptoms of the new infecions were mild and short lived. I knew what to do this timeSmile .

Samento has worked very well for me, too. I don't think it's as simple as just taking samento. Samento was just one of the 'weapons of mass destruction' that I used. I was also under the guidance of a biological MD.

It's a personal choice regarding treatment. For me, I was ready for a change from the conventional world. Please, don't get me wrong. I love conventional medicine when I need it and I have the utmost respect for 'most' physicians. However, I was really tired of all the drugs. I took A LOT of drugs for my supposed FM for about four years. All that did was allow my disease to progress. I was ready for a change.

Bottom line, whatever route a person chooses to get well, I respect that and wish them the best.

I'm guessing there are many people on here who combine their antibiotic therapy with Samento (cat's claw). I'm sure others will be along to share their thoughts and experiences.

peace,

Connie

07/25/2008 08:58 AM
organictexan
organictexan  

Connie did you use the liquid Samento? If so, how much on a daily basis?

07/25/2008 09:13 AM
Clayton72
Clayton72  

I also use Samento - by Nurtamedix. (Same kind Connie uses). It's way cheaper than abx. I use around 10 drops a day - one bottle lasts quite a while. I think everyone is different on how much to take. Some people can only handle 2 or 3 drops - some can handle 10 at a time. You just need to start small and work up a little.

I quit using my Samento for a week and a half and can feel the difference - I'm back on again!

Here's what I found on the internet:

What is SAMENTO?

Samento is a powerful medicinal plant that was approved as a medicine here in Ecuador in 2004. Government officials have allowed 3 drug claims to be used:

IMMUNE SYSTEM MODULATOR

ANTIMICROBIAL

ANTI-INFLAMMATORY

Some other medicinal properties that have been reported:

ANTIBACTERIAL

ANTIFUNGAL

ANTIVIRAL

ANTIPARASTIC

VERMIFUGE

ANTICANCEROUS

ANTILEUKEMIC

ANTIMUTAGENIC

CYTOSTATIC

ANTIOXIDANT

DIURETIC

ANTIHYPERTENSIVE

DEPURATIVE

ANTIULCEROUS

ANTIDEPRESSANT

ANTIPARKINSONISM

Some of the beneficial properties of Samento are attributed to the pentacyclic oxindole alkaloids(POAs) that are found in the plant that act on the cellular immune system and demonstrate powerful immune system modulating properties. SAMENTO does not contain the tetracyclic oxindole alkaloids (TOAs) that are found in traditional Cat's Claw. TOAs disrupt central nervous system function and greatly inhibit the effects of the POAs.

Some researchers believe that Samento may be as much as 1000 times more effective than Cat's Claw. One difference between Samento and Cat's Claw is that Cat's Claw is an immune system stimulant and Samento is an immune system modulator. Also, Samento can be used to treat all autoimmune disorders; this is not the case with regular Cat's Claw.

In May 2005, pharmacological studies were conducted in laboratory rodents at the University of Guayaquil . The anti-inflammatory effect study showed that Nutramedix Samento extract inhibits inflammation by 83.8%.

There are no known contraindications, no known side effects and no known interactions with other drugs when using Samento. In May 2005, toxicology studies were conducted on Nutramedix Samento at the University of Guayaquil, Ecuador. No toxic effects were reported even when laboratory rodents received 120,000 times the equivalent human dose.

Nutramedix, the U.S. manufacturer of Samento, utilizes a proprietary extraction and enhancement process that provides many benefits, including:

Efficient full spectrum extract

Clinically appears to cross the blood / brain barrier within 2 min.

Water / Alcohol extract that does not damage protein

Easy to use for all ages

Cost effective

07/25/2008 09:32 AM
buckron

Guess i should not have said "cough up the bucks" $50 ounce is kind of shocking but 1 bottle does last a while.I am still on my first bottle and the results are amazing.Bottom line roughly $30-$50 a month is awful cheap to get feeling better.I figure i have had Lyme roughly a year so i am probably just entering the serious stage. I had no problem at all building up to 20 drops a day and i am now taking about 24 drops/day. I see no sense in taking anymore as sometimes if i over do it i feel terrible.I actually like the taste and am fully prepared to do the long haul say 1 year.I take emu oil internally, magnesium supplements (800mg/day)diffuse essential oils to breathe at night(peppermint,lavender)apply clove oil to my joints daily and also take a few 95% curcumin caps for good luck.I got desperate got my credit card out and started ordering what ever i thought may help.I certainly have come a long ways in 2 1/2 weeks.

07/25/2008 10:09 AM
buckron

Connie,

Can you share your success story with us?

Samento and what supplements and how much of each? If it worked for you maybe others can benefit from your knowledge.I probably do not know what i am doing taking this and that so please post how you became symptom free.

Waiting...........

07/25/2008 11:59 AM
lymemd

Helps a little. Hasn't cured anyone. You still need antibiotics and will probably get better without Samento. I am a doctor; so this is perhaps biased. The information about Nutramedix sounds like a commercial to me.

07/25/2008 12:18 PM
buckron

I do not know what to think now,I was a mess a while back before Samento,Maybe i am having the placebo effect? Do i drive 1/2 way across the country seeking a Lyme Doc? Do i go crawling on my hands and knees to my current doc begging for the proper antibiotics all the while shes thinking i am a jerk with my accusations of misdiagnoses? I bet my story is typical of manny doctor patient relationships.

07/25/2008 02:18 PM
ARF

Hi Buckron, I think your story is pretty typical. My son and I go to the same clinic as Clayton, Connie and others here, I've been on Samento (10 drops/day) along with many other supplements, natural abx, and homeopathic meds for just over a month and am seeing improvement. I'm definitely a believer. My son went through 3 1/2 months on a PICC line through a ID Dr., no real change. He has responded well to alternative treatment also.

Good luck, you'll have to decide what you think will work best for you.

There is a lot of support here.

Ann

07/25/2008 06:25 PM
Clayton72
Clayton72  

I can answer for Connie just on the fact that she has not taken conventional antibiotics and is in remission. She's sticking to an all alternative treatment plan (I am as well). She is in remission and I am probably 70% better - if not more. I've only been on the treatment since March. My pain went from a 9 (out of 10) to a 2 in a short amount of time. I have never taken conventional antibiotics for Lyme.

I am a firm believer in alternative meds! If it's working for you, stick with it!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved