MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/25/2010 01:21 PM

rifampin for bart without azith?

lymelondon

Hi, has anyone taken rifampin for bartonella without azithromycin? the more i read about it, it seems the two are supposed to be taken together? I am on minocycline (200 mg/day), rifampin (600 mg/day) and fluconazole. Does this make sense? I'm seeing a LLMD, but I'm worried he's flaked a little on this? I've been on this combo for about 5 weeks now and have been feeling like crap for the last week.

01/26/2010 01:05 PM
Tennesseemom7
Tennesseemom7  

I am giving the a bump, maybe someone will have some advice for you...

01/26/2010 05:46 PM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

I took rifampin without zithro. I was taking Cats claw and Bromelain with it. My youngest was on the same thing.

02/02/2010 05:38 AM
lymelondon

Thanks for all of the responses! This board is so helpful. I took rifampin for 4 weeks in Aug (after having been on levaquin for 7 weeks) and felt better with the pin point rash on my legs having gone away. But then the rash and irritability came back and now after another 5 weeks of rifampin, it is not going away. I'm afraid the bacteria may have grown resistant to the rifampin. it is depressing. after a full year of antibiotics, i was expecting to feel so much better than this.

02/02/2010 05:48 AM
Tennesseemom7
Tennesseemom7  

Maybe it's time to have a new combo.....

Make sure you keep your doc informed on what you experiencing. My doc changes up my combo quite often, when it seems like I pleateu. Then I herx like crazy and slowly get better....

Right now I'm on azithro, rifampin and plaquenil. We're treating the bartonella.

02/04/2010 09:15 AM
lymelondon

Thanks so much! I have a phone appt with my doc tonight so hopefully she can shine some light on things.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved