MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/29/2009 09:51 PM

Repeated Mep/zith

smj225

Hi,

I have had Lyme & Babs for about three years now. I have been treated for two. Progress has been up and down. Made big strides with diflucan and amox. Digressed when given Mepron & Zithromax. My babesia seemed to be relatively dormant until Mepron/Zith regiment. Since then, I have been using repeated trials of Mep/Zith to try and eradicate Babesia (Duncani). My titer, according to Igenex, is lower (in the positivity spectrum) since first Mep/Zith treatment. On it for the third time now. Doctor wants to add in bactrim in two weeks. Has anyone found success with repeat treatments? Any thoughts on bactrim? Insight would be appreciated.

01/02/2010 06:39 PM
lydian
lydian  

Wink Hi, I haven't had repeated treatments but I did have success w/Omnicef, Quina and Para-Comp, Arteminsin, and Lariam. The Lariam gave me a enormous herx. My LLMD had Babesia so he's been through most of what I have been through.

If you want, I can email you my protocal. He's been rotating it as what helped him recover.

Wish you the best.

01/02/2010 06:46 PM
Tennesseemom7
Tennesseemom7  

Lydian,

I would love for you to PM me your protocal...

Thanks so much.

Brenda

01/02/2010 06:47 PM
Robbyk
RobbykPosts: 91

hi lydian,

Are you on now?? I just joined the group but have some questions about lyme, i am new to this thing.

01/02/2010 07:56 PM
lydian
lydian  

Smile Brenda, I will do. RobbyK if you click on my name lydian or my image you go directly to my profile and that will tell you if I'm on when you are.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved