MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/05/2013 01:18 PM

Sida Acuta for Babesia Success?

Zuk0

Has anyone had success with sida acuta or the sida acuta extract mixture from woodland essences that Buhner recommends? I'm considering trying it but I've been through so many herbal treatments which have had virtually no impact that I was hoping to possibly recieve some reviews before shelling out another $50.

It seems strange that Buhner is recommending an herb which (as far as I can tell) can only be purchased from the two places he lists. I know it doesn't mean that it's not a good option but I've become more wary of product recommendations as I've spent more and more money on ineffectual supplements.

Also if anyone has a recommendation for Babesia treatment supplements I would appreciate it. I can only find artemisia and sida acuta and the herbalist I'm seeing is not well versed in treating babesia.

Thanks!

07/10/2013 02:45 AM
HelleV2

Sorry I have not tried it, just want you to know sida cordifolia can be used as well (per Buhner), it might give you more options. I couldn't find acuta inside the EU, but was lucky to finde cordifolia.

Buhner is the ONLY one I belive in - using invasive plants in his protocols so the many whom struggel financially have a chance. He doesn't make massive profit from what he does (like all the others) - write books that are very cheep, put the protocols online etc.

I have bought the protocol for bartonella now, much cheaper than other protocols.

Just my thoughts - good luck Smile

09/26/2013 07:54 PM
levity101

Hi,

Am interested, also, in sida acuta and any experiences people have had using it or any of Buhner's protocols. I agree, Helle, that Buhner is a valuable resource--his books are amazing in the scope and research.

Wondering if Zuk tried the Sida? My son has struggled for years with Lyme, Bart, and Babs--up and down...currently having a difficult time.

thanks!

10/03/2013 08:57 AM
S13

I've tried Sida Acuta and Cryptolepis for more than 4 months now to fight babesia (and perhaps bartonella). I didnt notice any improvements until i started with Mepron about a month ago. Enula and Artemisiae (Zhang) at least gave some reaction, but imo to little to resolve the infection.

Do note I am from Europe, so our Babs and Bart may react different to the herbs.

10/03/2013 09:43 AM
levity101

Thanks for your reply, S13. Right now he's taking malarone for Babs which seems to keep it at bay, although he often relapses when on herbs alone.

I'm hoping that Sida might help with Bart, because he's had some recurrent fevers and lymph swelling and has not taken antibiotics for Bart for some time. Thinking of trying the Buhner regimen b/c most of it is new to him...but probably with some abx for Bart at first.

Hope your improvement continues.

Post edited by: levity101, at: 10/03/2013 09:43 AM

Post edited by: levity101, at: 10/03/2013 09:44 AM

10/03/2013 11:31 AM
S13

It is nice to get the Babesia out of the way yes, so i hope i continue with the improvements. However, the more babesia symptoms seem to fade away, the more Bartonella/BLO is starting to act up.

And i must say, I was less disabled from the babesia symptoms. Before I could do some working and driving, but now im just sitting at home having other people taking care of my groceries.

Bartonella/BLO is giving me very strong CNS problems. Just a warning for everyone starting on Babesia treatment Wink

10/03/2013 01:24 PM
lymesgottogo
lymesgottogo  

Where do you order the Buhner protocol? and can you get it without going through a doctor?

I recently realized that I couldn't order the Bryan White formula without getting it through a LLMD.

S13, I wanted to really start getting my babesia under control but now I'm kind of apprehensive and worried about the bartonella.

Thanks for the warning....

10/03/2013 01:27 PM
purpleyogamat
purpleyogamat  
Group Leader

I love Sida Acuta... my doctor does too. It's a wonderful herb with many different uses!

First - the reason it is mainly bought from the places Buhner lists is that he checks his sources - where the herbs come from, the strength, etc. Many places will source herbs from unsafe sources, or they aren't full strength, or perhaps not even the right herb in that family.

Buhner now no longer recommends Artemisia for Babesia, and only Sida Acuta. This is because Sida tends to work much better than Art without the risk of liver issues.

Plus, everything this herb does - I totally understand why he is favoring it!

He talks about Sida Acuta in his Co-infections book which goes into detailed treatment for Mycoplasma and Bartonella. He has not updated his first book yet, so has not done a fully detailed treatment on Babesia (in a book) since the first version: Healing Lyme.

Anyway... Sida Acuta:

Sida Acuta is used in his mycoplasma protocol (just fyi)...

The pages for Sida Acuta in his Coinfections book are page 210 - 215

Sida's main function is to protect red blood cells.

Buhner says it is a potent systemic antibacterial, one of the most potent you will find in plants.

Antimalarial, antimicrobial, antibacterial, hematonic, hematoregenerator, hematoprotectant, anticancer, adaptogenic, analgesic, antipyretic, antimoebic, antiprotozoal, insecticidal, anti-inflammatory, hepatoprotective, antivenin, antiulcerogenic.

They protect red blood cells, especially from microbial invasion. So this means - Sida Acuta helps make your red blood cells off limits from Babesia. Says it is especially useful in anemia.

The list of what is it used for is long, but it is commonly used in India and Asia for malaria.

Besides all the reasons listed above, my doctor loved it because it helps raise gluathione levels, increases RBC, and increases total WBC count.

Dosages for Sida:

20-40 drops up to 4x a day.

I am at 30 drops 3x a day.

The only warning is that if you are diabetic, to check with your doctor and watch your sugars on it, because it is hypoglycemic.

Hope that helps and wasn't too jumbled!

Really recommend his books...they have been invaluable.

blessings,

purple

Post edited by: purpleyogamat, at: 10/03/2013 01:31 PM

10/03/2013 01:30 PM
purpleyogamat
purpleyogamat  
Group Leader

lymes,

I'd get his books if you want to self treat.

He outlines everything really clearly. And you can treat Babesia and Bartonella at the same time.

I love his books because they are very organized. Each herb has a page or a few pages and he goes through what it is, what types are useful in that family, what parts of the herb/plant are used....

He lists what it is used for, any side effects, any drug or herbal interactions, any contradiction (like pregnancy, etc).

There isn't a place you can just order a protocol... he does list where he prefers people to get tinctures or whatever it is, because he has checked them out and knows they are safe.

But it is a protocol that is easier for people to do on their own.

blessings,

purple

10/03/2013 01:38 PM
lymesgottogo
lymesgottogo  

Thanks purple

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved