MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/28/2012 02:58 PM

Chaga tea - Amazing stuff!

WiscLamLymie
WiscLamLymie  
Group Leader

Hey all,

Just wanted to share a new thing I was introduced to. It's Chaga tea. It comes in capsules too, but I feel it is best served as a bulk powder, and using very hot, but NOT boiling water to bloom/steep it in.

I tried this brand specifically, but I am thinking any brand would be fine.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0037ULJLE/ ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

It is the cheapest on Amazon. My friend paid $40 for the same at a local shop.

Anyway, the health benefits of Chaga are HUGE. I read up on several websites and ordered a book by David Wolfe on it, called "Chaga: King of the Medicinal Mushrooms."

(You can read several pages from the book on amazon, which is what I did, then decided to order it!)

Now, Chaga is called a mushroom, but it tastes nothing like mushrooms to me. I hate mushrooms. And I could drink this easily.

It is kind of debated whether it's a mushroom or not... But it is a POWERHOUSE of good things, especially for us Lymies.

It is supercharged immune support, basically. That's the best nutshell way to describe it.

I also checked with my LLND and she approved it.

The only thing she thought of was that as it is a "fungus"-it may exacerbate any yeast issues, if you have that going on.

But I don't know if it would... As it technically isn't a mushroom. It's hard to classify it... Anyway, That's all! Check it out and maybe it will help with building immune systems back!

I know this: I began to feel a cold coming on, as did my youngest daughter, on Saturday. Sunday afternoon is when I tried it. I drank about 3 cups of it.

She is still suffering from the cold, and I stopped any suffering the next day, Monday, and it hasn't come back. At all.

I have to say that is amazing. Smile

Oh, and one teaspoon per cup, stir it around, then as it settles to the bottom, just drink the tea. When you get to the bottom, you will see the "sludge".

DON'T throw it out. You reuse it 3-4 times. So one teaspoon is 3-4 cups of tea. And that little jar in the link above is 45 servings. Times 3 or 4. Good value. Wink

Lauren

Post edited by: WiscLamLymie, at: 12/28/2012 02:59 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved