MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/03/2011 06:06 AM

Art Thread - WARNING: image heavy(page 2)

Ettrick
Ettrick  

VicMac,

I enjoy complex compositions when viewing other art but feel more peaceful and refreshed creating my own in a way that is more open with broad fields.

12/03/2011 08:27 PM
VicMac
VicMac  

Ettrick, I am always envious of the artists who can do the freer more impressionistic styles.

If I had not gone more in the direction of writing, I might have put more time into trying to do art in an impressionistic way.

I can just see by looking at your work, that you love doing it! Does it help you cope with the Lyme? Being creative is the best thing for me, whether with writing, art, music, crafts, whatever.

Post edited by: VicMac, at: 12/03/2011 08:29 PM

12/03/2011 08:39 PM
Ettrick
Ettrick  

Yeah, it's a great distraction from the pain and worry.

12/04/2011 03:07 PM
Ettrick
Ettrick  

I had a go at another hibiscus-type flower today on a piece of heavy textile sample material. It was fun for the texture it provides.

http://sagunt.deviantart.com/#/d4i6c04

This is especially for deapead, who shared that beautiful hibiscus of her own.

12/05/2011 09:16 PM
VicMac
VicMac  

Smile Love it!

12/06/2011 02:42 PM
Ettrick
Ettrick  

Thanks, VicMac.

Here's my latest.

http://sagunt.deviantart.com/art/Attempted-Portrait- 272700599

It's my first attempt at a portrait. It's going to be a gift for Christmas.

What art-gifts will the other artists and creative types be doing for the holidays this year?

Post edited by: Ettrick, at: 12/06/2011 02:56 PM

12/06/2011 03:00 PM
WiscLamLymie
WiscLamLymie  
Group Leader

I am making original-design knit arm/wrist-warmers. They are not symmetrical to the other, so it's quirky. Smile Also crocheted an afghan. Did a lot of buying this year as my physical well-being really wasn't at it's top.

But I did buy a really nice kit for our 6-yr-old to venture into painting, including canvases, a larger sketchpad and a wodden box with loads of paints in different mediums, pencils, etc., for her humble beginnings. She's quite the artist! LOVES art. Wants to be a famous artist when she grows up. Smile Makes this creative smile. Also makes me wish I had done more with painting. I loved it in college... maybe I will get back into it.

Post edited by: WiscLamLymie, at: 12/06/2011 03:01 PM

12/06/2011 03:06 PM
Ettrick
Ettrick  

Hmmm, wonder if we bought the same art box for our kids. (The curly-haired one in the portrait.)

Being a famous artist is a great aspiration. Surround her with lots of creative and encouraging people.

12/06/2011 03:19 PM
WiscLamLymie
WiscLamLymie  
Group Leader

oh yeah, totally! her grandparents even bought a piece of her artwork from the website that the school uses to upload (safely, like no last names, etc.) the kids' artwork for their followers. She ordered it on stretched canvas, and people think a bonafide accomplished artist did it. she was 5 when she did it!

the kit i bought her was not for kids. i saw those, but they really are just not going to give her a taste of what it can really be like, you know? she's actually identified as academically and intellectually gifted and talented. (look at mom gettin' all proud! LOL) but the biggest part of her giftedness comes from spacial relations and art-type things. Laughing mama's so proud of all her girls!

12/22/2011 03:57 PM
Ettrick
Ettrick  

Here's my latest. It's a gift for my sister-in-law.

http://sagunt.deviantart.com/art/The-Cut-275293258

Is anyone else giving art made by yourself or others for Christmas or any other holiday/event?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved