MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/02/2012 10:57 PM

Need LLMD in Illinois please

BakerMom

Hi, I've been sick for 20 years, I'm 52.

I have another illness, Pseudotumor cerebri, which has many of the same symptoms as Lyme so had never thought to look anywhere else.

When lots of new neuro symptoms started in December 2011, and then seizures in January of 2012, even my very much loved neurologist suggested it was all psychosomatic due to the stresses in my life.

The only thing is, I know I'm not crazy, that these symptoms are real and my brain isn't imagining them.

I started watching videos on psychogenic seizures and that just wasn't me! Then I scrolled over one that was "lyme seizure" and THAT was ME!!!

I had never even thought of lyme before, but had the classic rash 20 years ago and have followed all of the stages in order and have almost every symptom!

Wow, perhaps finally an answer after all of these years!

Only thing is all I can convince my local doctors to do is the lyme abs testing.

Please help! I need a LLMD in the N. Illinois, Indiana, Iowa or S. Wisconsin.

Thank you so much! I'm so glad I stumbled across this forum tonight!!!

BakerMom

Post edited by: BakerMom, at: 05/02/2012 11:22 PM

EMPHASIZED, bettyg, leader

Post edited by: Bettyg, at: 05/02/2012 11:37 PM

Post edited by: BakerMom, at: 05/03/2012 12:14 AM

--- The discussion has been locked ---

05/02/2012 11:04 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

hi mom Wink

please edit your post and break it all up since we can't read continuous block due to NEURO LYME issues.

1-2 sentences MAX; HIT ENTER TWICE AFTER EACH SHORT paragraph and do this until you get done.

top line, please show your age so that will help new llmd sender, lauren, who took over 2 nights ago from me after 6 hrs. doing this.

also, hve you answered all questions asked below; we need this info; thanks for helping us help YOU Wink

hugs/prayers,

bettyg, leader

Welcome to MD JUNCTION! I'm so glad you found us! You've come to the right place for education and support!

Private messages DELETED in 30 days!

ARCHIVE, upper right!

My WELCOME LETTER is posted at the top of SUPPORT FORUM in sticky pin full of good info and HYPERLINKS ready to be read.

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support- forums/general-support/2356916-bettygs-welcome-letter-wgood- beginner-links-

The most important things are at the top; MUST READ and print off as mentioned there already to start your lyme/co-infection journey with us all.

The 1st things to do are:

• JOIN LYME BOARD;

• Post in LLMD REQUEST FORUM for a LYME LITERATE md; see my welcome letter and the INSTRUCTIONS there if you are SPECIALLY FROM CALIF. Where it's broken down into 8 NAMED AREAS.

• You'll need to give me my calif. NAMED area where you live in the areas shown there in SUBJECT LINE plus if it's for ADULT or a child; we need age of CHILD; some llmds have AGE restrictions.

OTHER STATES will show the SPECIFIC NAME OF THEIR STATE and closest, largest city to them in SUBJECT line plus adult or child; UNDER 21; we need their age!.

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support- forums/llmd-info/Itemid=217/func=post/do=reply

• Also, I'll need the following info in your request post:

in your llmd request, please EDIT and add more info ok.

Are you UNDER AGE 21;; if yes, I need your age shown as some of our llmds have AGE RESTRICTIONS; thanks!

how long you've been sick

if you've tested for lyme/co-infections;

which labs doing work for which specific test, etc.

did you have western blot igm/igg done by igenex?

if yes, what were the POSITIVE & INDETERMINDED numbers; NOT negatives.

thanks for understanding; just EDIT your post. you can find all by going to left MY DISCUSSIONS, click on it.

after you add more, i'll send you names ok.

just send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE left side, giving me the direct link to come to here, and i'll send you the names ok big thanks.

Betty's suggested posting guidelines:

NO ALL CAPS POSTS; they are illegible to me/other neuro folks!

Many of members have neuro lyme, and it is hard to read long solid block text and be able to comprehend; example, me, 42 yrs. neuro chronic lyme, so we are UNABLE to comprehend and read. Thank you for helping us help YOU

please post in short paragraphs like you see below or look at a few other posts, but we neuro folks need them short.

1-2 sentences MAX per paragraph and hit ENTER TWICE to doublespace between each paragraph. We've lost our comprehension skills to read solid block text.

we neuros lose our train of thought if the sentence is broken up in the middle; so please keep an ENTIRE sentence together as ONE. hugs

For easier reading, please edit your post. You can break up your longer paragraphs into smaller paragraphs. Please hit

ENTER key twice after each paragraph.

Go to left hand corner; click edit send. Then go to bottom and click SUBSCRIBE TO THIS DISCUSSION.

Thank you for posting in a manner that makes it easier for all to read and help others.

Bettyg, group leader/Iowa activist

05/04/2012 05:10 PM
WiscLamLymie
WiscLamLymie  
Group Leader

Sending PM. Locking. Smile Lauren

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved