MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/23/2008 06:47 AM

Intro

karenfay

I've just found out that I tested positive for lyme's disease. I haven't had a recent bite from a tick and the symptoms are of an older contact--joint pain and fatigue.

I don't know what happens next but I'm glad I'm not a hypochondriac.

Peace,

Karen

05/26/2008 05:14 AM
denise17
denise17  

Hello Karen and welcome to the group. I live in Georgia also, near Atlanta. How did you get diagnoised? I ask because this seems to be the biggest challenge with lyme sufferers. Most Dr.s will order the screening test and if it comes back negative they ignore all your obvious symptoms and say you don't have it based on your negative test. Are you under the care of a LLMD? If not you need one because tx is tricky.

Good luck, Denise

05/26/2008 05:49 AM
karenfay

Yeah. It seems that the second test came back non-confirming so the nurse practitioner, whom I don't deal with usually, but my regular DR was out, sent in an antibiotic because she claimed it had to be a new bite! Which it's not!!!! I'm not going to take the antibiotic until I get this info from my DR or someone else I have personally met, at least!

What dr do you see?

Thanks,

Karen

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved