MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/30/2009 01:54 PM

Trying to spread the word

MichelleGrayson
MichelleGrayson  

Since May is Lyme Awareness month. I thought I would try to let people in my area know just how bad Lyme is here.

What I did is send an e-mail to the elementary & middle school that my kids attend. I listed most of the signs of Lyme and gave them some web sites that has helped me learn more.

I am hoping that they put all the info. into their May newsletter that all the kids take home. If this will help just 1 parent or child then I will be very grateful

I had to go get fitted for contacts today because wearing my glasses just hurts to bad at times, after I was done I stopped by my job. I had on one of my Surviving with Lyme Disease shirts and I had a couple of people stop me and ask where I got it from.

I get all of them plus my bumper stickers online at

http://www.zazzle.com/lyme+disease+gifts

Just in case anyone would like to check them out.

Thanks And I hope everyone has a Blessed & Well Day Smile

04/30/2009 02:28 PM
dharma79
dharma79  
VIP Member

Cool site! Thanks for sharing that!

Cheerful

04/30/2009 03:27 PM
MichelleGrayson
MichelleGrayson  

I just got an e-mail back from my girls principal. I am so excited she is going to help spread the word. This is what it said

Mrs. Grayson,

I agree with you. Lyme Disease is really something many people don't think about until they know someone who is affected - we all need to be very aware of the disease and the symptoms since we live in an area that has so many ticks.

Thank you for the information - I have forwarded it to our Nurse so that we can include it in our next newsletter.

I hope you are feeling better and thank you for thinking of our students and their families.

Jennifer Young.

Just thought I would shareSmile

Post edited by: MichelleGrayson, at: 04/30/2009 03:28 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved