MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/27/2012 06:05 PM

Lyme and Panic/Anxiety

burtonkid543
burtonkid543  

Hello all:

Having another rough night. The panic/anxiety part of this disease is the hardest part to cope with.

For a few weeks now, I have had this strange feel in on the side of my head/face. Its a sort of pulsating feeling, as if someones hand was on my face (but clearly there isn't a hand on my face). It doesn't hurt, but it is very distracting.

Has any one experienced this? It causes a lot of my anxiety.

Also, my panic attacks always start off as sweaty palms, dry mouth, feeling like my heart skips a beat, then racing heart.

I'd love to hear some stories.

Thanks.

One love,

-Kyle

02/27/2012 06:17 PM
doglick
doglickPosts: 682

for me it was after about 3 1/2 years of treatment, they suddenly stopped. Be patient if you can.

02/27/2012 06:49 PM
WiscLamLymie
WiscLamLymie  
Group Leader

So many of my Lyme friends here in my state go through the anxiety attacks and such. I know it is a definite symptom of Lyme and Co., and I know that doesn't make it feel any better.

But I know the people here who can sympathize with you will be along to give their stories as well. Until then, keep your chin up and know that we are here for you!

Lauren

02/27/2012 07:48 PM
nank59
nank59  

My anxiety attacks have been both bothersome and scary. Some are pretty severe - especially when Herxing.

Onset occurs sometimes out of the blue - at other times as a result of stress. I have awakened in the morning and experienced them immediately.

I just try to relax, breathe slowly, pray and find diversions.

I haven't the facial symptom you described. I have had increased problems with TMJ and sudden sharp pain in jaw area.

Take care...stay positive!

02/28/2012 05:30 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

kyle,

facial sounds like possibly bell's pulsy; a normal reaction with lyme plus all that you discussed above.

if it prolongs, get out a favorite belly laugh movie, tv show, or book; that will get youout of the depression state and cause less wrinkles Wink we women care about that; not sure about you men. lol

if you haven't been to the MEDICINE/TREATMENT INDEX, please go there and use my a-z list,

i have alot there on ANXIETY; read them; current studies/articles from reputable govt. sites.

best wishes to each of you; i had limited anxiety for which i thank you god.

see your glass HALF FULL and keeping a positive attitude vs. negative helps too.

PRAYING; i love that one when deep breathing.

hugs/prayers to all,

bettyg, leader

02/28/2012 06:04 AM
TRL
TRL  

Kyle,

Sounds like a huge herx to me! Try finding a way to sweat it out, drink tons of water, do warm soaks in the tub, and rest...

I know the anxiety can be intense, can take your breath away, and make you feel like you will never get out of this dark place called lyme.

But you will. This will pass as do other symptoms- keep that in mind and find your way through it.

We are always here.

02/28/2012 07:24 AM
equest

Kyle, Anxiety was a huge part of my early herxes on a daily basis. I really thought I was

loosing my mind, what was left of it anyway. I kept telling myself that if I had enough

sense to wonder if I was going crazy I probably wasn't. It seemed like forever but

gradually the anxiety eased up. Now it comes as part of my cycle of symptoms/herx.

It's one of the first things that reminds me of my bad week each month. And it's only

for a few days now instead of every day!

It will get better with treatment but give yourself a break and treat the anxiety with

whatever your doc suggests. I lived on chamomile tea and other calming teas/herbs and

drank tons of water and sweat via sauna, exercise when I could and epsom salts baths.

Sometimes the simple things like taking a walk or watching a good movie you know and

like or call a chatty friend and just listen to distract yourself helps. It will get

better. All these great people on MDJ helped me through it!

02/28/2012 08:07 AM
TRL
TRL  

Equest-

Interesting that you have a week with symptoms and that anxiety is one of the first to appear. I find that also. It seems like each month the symptom free time gets shorter and then 8-12 days of symptoms. Is that what happened for you?

I switched from A-Bart to A-L (Byron White) last month and now this month my symptom days started earlier- ughh. I switched back to A-Bart this week in hopes to continue the path I was on, I really don't know what I was thinking!

Kyle- hang in there. EQ makes good points too- so many of us relied on this 'place' when anxiety was rearing its ugly head!

02/28/2012 08:22 AM
burtonkid543
burtonkid543  

Thanks for the responses. All of these crazy things keep happening and cause me to freak out. This morning I woke up and my arm and hand were all numb and tingly. I'm not trying to have a stroke at the age of 18! I'm only one doxy twice a day right now, haven't even added the bactrim yet. That's why I don't know if i'm not just getting worse or pissing off the bugs.

ugh.

02/28/2012 10:38 AM
TRL
TRL  

Kyle- check this link out- it has been my favorite since the beginning- it puts herxing into perspective, and includes the numbness of your arm and hand as you mention (happened to me too- only lasted a day):

http://www.angelfire.com/me2/StarShar/Herx1.html

Also, here is another link where I posted it originally: (topic was memory issues and herxing):

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support- forums/introductions-personal-stories/2749915-new-to-lyme

Post edited by: TRL, at: 02/28/2012 10:39 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved