MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/10/2010 06:54 PM

I'm new

star22

I'm 38 , a female and think that I have Lyme disease...3 years ago I had my first panic attack, and it has been all downhill since....I have severe food allergies, air born allergies, weird heart problems was sent to a cardiologist, I get weird heat rashes and get sick when out in the sun, I have light sensitivity fluorescence hurt my eyes, I get blurred vision that last days, my neck and shoulders always hurt, chronic fatigue, my mouth feel sore alot, loud noises bother me,headaches which I have never had... I have symptoms that come and go , the buzzing sensation and specific places that tingle for days, I had the electrical shocks that went thru my back, oh and my hair seems like its falling out.....and major weight gain...

My husband thinks I'm a hypochondriac, and at times I feel like one to cause I feel like I am losing my mind..I have had endless testing done, everything comes back normal...I think I have Lyme Disease...

01/10/2010 07:01 PM
star22

I think I got Lyme when I got covered with chigger bits or another time I went camping and were at a remote spot and the boat sunk and had to walk for miles to get out of the woods....in shorts and my legs were tore up...

I don't have insurance and have paid alot of money out of pocket for medical testing....my doctor has writen off my symtoms as anxiety and I did too...but I do have anixiety but I think from the LYME...

I went online found a that doxycycline is what is used to treat LYME and I found an online pharmacy to order it from and try it out and see if it helps my symtoms...and I haven't told anyone cause they all think I'm make up my illness anyhow...

01/10/2010 08:36 PM
decembergal
decembergal  

Hello Star,

Welcome to the group. It is definately possible that you have lyme.

If you contact one of the leaders by sending them a private message and let them know where you live and how far you are willing to travel they may be able to help you find a doctor that works with lyme patients.

There is also an area on here with helps on how to afford treatment. The leaders can help you with any questions that you have. In the meantime the rest of us are here to share our experiences and to help in any way we can.

God Bless,

Kathy

01/10/2010 08:43 PM
PiercerJenn
PiercerJenn  

I know how you feel. You might have lyme disease. Do you know if theyve tested you for it or not? Not that it makes a huge difference, but it would be easier to take a positive test to a dr to justify your symptoms.

I dont know how good of an idea trying antibiotics are without a prescription. You might not feel any different from taking them, and then what? You might just be taking the antibiotics for no reason and that is kind of dangerous. I have been taking antibiotics for almost 2 months now, and I dont feel any better at all. If I didnt know I needed it, I wouldve stopped taking it by now.

I have all of the symptoms you have, and im sure everyone else on here does too. Ive been to quite a few drs and been told by almost all of them that I needed to see a psychiatrist. It sucks big time.lol Ive read alot of peoples personal stories on here and almost all of them say that they ahve been told to see psychiatrists too. Its awful. Its sad that your husband discounts your symptoms. The only thing worse than feeling sick all the time, is people not believing that your sick all the time.

Anyways, I hope you figure everything out, and feel better. If you ever need/want anyone to talk to you can message me.Smile-Jenn

01/10/2010 08:46 PM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

Hi and welcome,

It sounds like you might have Bartonella too. Thats where the panic attacks come from, trust me I know.Have had them for years but I only got diagnosed in Jan of 09. Probably have had it for 15 years.

01/10/2010 10:55 PM
smoxito
smoxitoPosts: 512

Please rethink taking the Doxycycline without a prescription. Not only is it dangerous to self medicate with prescription medication, tetracyclines become highly toxic when they break-down (expire).

It is also difficult to tell what additives are in it. This is a big problem with people getting prescription drugs online.

If you want to self-treat, speak with some of the members who use herbal treatments and supplementation.

Some of the herbal therapies are potent as well, but if you select a reputable product, you won't have the same issues of toxic breakdown & dangerous additives.

(When I herxed from Doxy, I felt like I got hit by a bus; you want a doctor monitoring you.)

01/10/2010 11:51 PM
star22

thank you all for the support...I have read alot of stories and can so relate...crazy I watch Mystery Diagnosis and when I saw the episode of the woman with LYME I broke down cause I could so relate to her ....I dont think my doctor tested me for LYME...I almost to the point of embarrassed to ask her to check me for anything else.....cause if it comes up negative I will feel so stupid...and like it has been said over and over it may not even show up..I thought about going to a Urgent Care Clinic and asking them to check me for it..

01/11/2010 01:38 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

welcome star Smile i think i sent you my welcome letter earlier; if i did NOT, please private message me, and i'll send it to you ok.

i agree with smoxito on ordering online meds; it's too dangerous.

LYME is a CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS; see the lists i showed in the link in my welcome; check off ALL THAT APPLY TO YOU. take that to your dr. and w/copy of dr. burrascano's 08 lyme treatment guidelines. good luck!saw the part about lights bothering you, and will copy this here that i just posted for someone else; hope it helps you and others.

here's info on lights what helps my eyes with them ok.

i forgot to add this: in it shows the TIPS i used when working and other tips from others too on lights, noise/sounds, and chemical smells.

Betty's ROLL CALL of MEMBERS WITH EXTREME SENSITIVITIVITIES TO LIGHTS, SOUNDS/NOISE, AND CHEMICAL SENSITIVITIES

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic; f=1;t=046537#000000

EYE SENSITIVITIES & NOIR, no infrared sunglasses info., 2-28-06 updated

YES, I have what you have! Are you on doxy too? That made my extreme eyes 200% MORE sensitive than they we were earlier. I learned a lot about eye sensitivity/lighting on www.marshallprotocol.com board.

http://www.marshallprotocol.com/forum2/4.html detailed!

I ordered the NOIR sunglasses.

http://www.noir-medical.com/noir_amber.htm

You will need 2% amber and 10% amber ... Style no. 901 and 910.

1-800-521-9746 TOLL- FREE, ONE YEAR GUARANTEE!

mention you have lyme and marshall protocol, they will give you 10% off! !

I'm NOT on MProtocol, but mention it anyway. I was on their new board almost 12 months!

Also they have been kind enough to replace the SCRATCHED LENSES & BROKEN BOWS! How's that for service? I'VE NOT had to return broken/scratched lenses!!

In fact, I have a terrible time where they drop to the floor, and 1 of bows will break off the connecting PLASTIC piece connecting to the lense itself. They just take the info over the phone from YOUR STATE'S REP!

I don't drive often at night, but I can wear NOIR's 901 lenses at night while driving; it creates soft candle lights coming at me...tolerable. NOT to wear in town with all the action of people crossing where they shouldn't be.

Driving daylight hours, be sure to wear DRIVING GLOVES and a LONG SLEEVE SHIRT/JACKET so you will NOT SUNBURN ! I got burnt bad on my 1st out of state trip to new LLMD in Minn.

I wear my darkest tinted RX sunglasses always with my NOIR wraparounds over them, and my floppy straw hat too; shields my face/side views

NOTE: Wearing sunglasses that BLOCK ULTRA VIOLET LIGHT, help to prevent CATARACTS.

DRUGS ASSOCIATED WITH LIGHT SENSITIVITY by Minoucat

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic; f=1;t=048201

Eye Floaters and Spots 9-07

www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/spotsfloats.htm

http://www.eye-floaters.com/floaters-entopticphenomenon.php

offhand, i bought the 2 pair of sunglasses for $80 total; reasonable since they replace them too...broken bows, scratched, etc. i can't live without mine since i got them 5.5 yrs. ago.

i forgot to say, texas has a good llmd in N. TEXAS; none in your area that are good. PM me if you want info ok.

Post edited by: Bettyg, at: 01/11/2010 01:39 AM

01/11/2010 08:33 PM
star22

I do agree that it could be risky ordering online, but I am so desperate to get well....I am 5 days into taking 100mgs of the doxy a day....I have been in bed most of it...lol...imagine that....I did get up and go to hot yoga again and didn't feel as sick when I left there, as I usually do...I appreciate all the info, I will keep you posted , oh and have been drinking lots of lemon/water...the lemon makes water tolerable because before the water was making me nauseated....

01/22/2010 11:34 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

yoga, read dr. burrascano's guidelines about exercise; i don't know where that falls into but exercise will hurt you too.

100 is not enough; read dr. b's meds/dosages and you'll discover that too. i have that stickied at top of this 1 or another one plus it's in my welcome letter to members. good luck.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved