MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/19/2009 04:01 PM

Muscle spasms

sunshine4ere
sunshine4ere  

I have started having the muscle spasms steady now, especially in my back and shoulders. The one I get is almost lower left side and meds or heat help temporarily but as soon as I try moving around they just grab. Is anyone else experiencing these and do you have anything that helps. Thankyou, Nancy

11/19/2009 04:05 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

Nancy this is the majority of my pain. My middle back spasms almost every minute of every day. The muscles are very tight and I have a round spot in the middle of all of that war that is numb. I have to throw myself down on the bed and stretch to try and get it to stop cramping. Even then, they are burning and aching and feeling as if they will spasm again any second. I take two flexeril at night to help me sleep without cramps. So far it has worked but in order to have the two at night i have to go all day with nothing. I haven't found a doc yet that took my pain serious enough to rx any pain meds...Nothing else works.

11/19/2009 04:09 PM
LuluBellesMama
LuluBellesMama  

I have crazy muscle spasms in my back and they are worst if I drive. I used to think it was poor posture. (I have an excuse for every lyme symptom and why it is my fault.)

11/19/2009 04:09 PM
sunshine4ere
sunshine4ere  

Thanks a lot Tara, it sure is a pain ehUnsure ! I love my epsom salts bath but I'd be a prune if i stayed there! I tried some prescription Robaxacet and two of them did nothing. I'm like you, trying to stay away from meds as much as I can until I really need them. Maybe I'll talk to my doc about the meds you mentioned. Makes you want to lay on the floor steady. Thanks Tara, and good luck with your spasms. Nancy

Post edited by: sunshine4ere, at: 11/19/2009 04:18 PM

11/19/2009 04:16 PM
sunshine4ere
sunshine4ere  

Wow, this really is a problem isn't it! I bet there are a lot of us out there suffering with this. I can relate with you about driving and I'm always squirming trying to aleveate the spasms. I feel sorry for youSad ,it's hard when you have little ones,like so many of you do. Mine at least are grown and I can't be at work right now. I think of you young moms who can't just take a break when you want. Hang in there and take care, Nancy

11/19/2009 04:47 PM
LuluBellesMama
LuluBellesMama  

I do the epsom salt baths, too. I am abou to start an anti inflammatory supplement my doc wants me to try. I have trouble lifting my daughter and if I do i am in pain for a long time after. Stinky

11/19/2009 04:49 PM
sunshine4ere
sunshine4ere  

That sucks for sure, our babies don't know we hurt and just want to be held. They sure keep us going tho and fill up our heartsSmile !

11/19/2009 06:58 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

LuluBellesMama, what anti inflammatory supplement does your doc want you to try? If I can get it here in TX I'd sure like to try it!!!

Thanks!

11/20/2009 06:08 AM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Try these

apple cider vinegar - 2 tsp + 1 tsp honey in 1/4 cup warm water 3x's a day....

also, find a way to add in mustard to your diet - 1 tsp 3x's a day or drink some pickle juice a couple of times a day - they both contain a chemical that get depleted in our system...these will put it back and enable our bodies to use it as needed - to reduce some of these symptoms...

And as always - I suggest going to the store and getting Turmeric - 1 tsp 3x's a day in 1/4 cup warm water (can add more to it) swig it like a shot and chase it with some juice...or get empty veggie caps and make your own caps...

simple easy remedies that will help - just need to get on a regular schedule...

11/20/2009 06:25 AM
sunshine4ere
sunshine4ere  

Hi Christine, thanks for your recipe, sounds yummySick but who cares if it works, right. Does this help with muscle spasms also, these have been horrendous lately and I'm not herxing because I'm not on any antibiotics. Nancy

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved