MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/01/2009 06:07 PM

some encouragement please

MarthaJeanne

I have been diagnosed with lyme disease after 20 yrs. of symptoms like M.S. A doctor finally thought to test me for Lymes. I have been in retreatment for about 4 months. Taking lots of antibiotics, and just started with vitamin b-12 shots. I do notice a bit better with the brainfog, and depression, and my balance as I walk. Some days are better than others. My question...can somone tell me about the light at the end of the tunnel? And is there even one?

11/01/2009 07:11 PM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

There is a light its just a matter of how long it takes you to get there. Everyone is different depending on the length of illness and co-infections. If you have not been tested for them I suggest you ask for it. Check out the facts section lots of good info.PM me anytime

Carol

11/01/2009 08:04 PM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Honey,

There is a light...we do have members here who are in remission - the most active of them are Julie4848 and steelers...but others poke in from time to time...

Myself, I have been battling this for nearly 30 yrs, and this year i began a natural protocol - that I tweak myself, and after 23 yrs of being sidelined from sports = I am back in the game...helped coach soccer this season for 2 of my girls, practiced with them, and now I play once a week with the women in town...

Its tough and painful - but I can manage through it - similar to when I did as a kid...but I was able to get through - until the end of 8th grade when my health went to hell in a hand basket...

Could never go back - and now I can...

I still have a long way to go - but I am further then I have been in years...

SO - there is a light...you just need to do what is right for your body...

Read around here - there is so much to learn...

PM for anything..

Christine

11/11/2009 08:53 PM
MarthaJeanne

thanks for your help. Where is the fact section you are talking about? And also; what does it mean when you say "PM" me. Sorry, not real computer savey.

Peace,

Martha

11/12/2009 02:07 AM
lydian
lydian  

Smile Yes, there is hope. I was in remission for almost six years...unfortunately, after surgery and use of steroids, my Lyme and co infections reared their ugly heads. I am feeling much better lately and my symptoms are disappearing one by one.

Just have to stay vigilant and informed.Blink

PM means send a personal message. In the discussions, the picture shows up and underneath there is a PM, click on that to send a personal message.

11/12/2009 04:49 AM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

Hi Martha,

At the top of this page it says Lyme disease forums. If you roll your mouse over it it will highlight. click on that and it will bring you to another page that lists all the different forums. right now this one is general support. A PM is a private message and is like an email. under everyones name there is an option to PM. just click and it opens a new screen like an email you would compose.

11/13/2009 01:55 PM
waxby
waxbyPosts: 4811
VIP Member

Some encouragement.....eh hem...... Push em back shove em back wayyy back.Push em back shove em back wayyy back.Go Go Go yeaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!WooHoo!!!!!Come on Light!!!!!!!!!Yah hoooooooooooo....exciting,aren't I?........The Light's there!It's-a- commin. Try not to worry your pretty little head off-you gonna need it Momma.

11/13/2009 03:47 PM
lydian
lydian  

Tongue Waxby, you have many talents...let's see, how do I say this? Ha, ha. Are you a stand up comic? I think you'd be great.

11/13/2009 04:08 PM
Julie4848

Yes there is hope...I'm been fine for over a year...Smile I still have some pains, and at times feel very run down, but I will take that over what I felt like in 2007-2008....So yes there is hope, it just takes time...Hang in there...

Julie

11/14/2009 01:45 PM
waxby
waxbyPosts: 4811
VIP Member

Gosh Lydian,thanx.Your smile makes me smile.And this friggin disease is the funniest of all don't you think?From the moment I wake to the moment I go to sleep it's just such a joy ride ain't it?Laughter really is the best meds though eh? Oh Freak Lyme Bastard how I love you so!You are my everything.Please never leave me for I would not know how to act.What ever would I do without your happy little hell.And without all you sick Lymie Bastards out there what would I do for meterial?So keep your suffering little letters coming in.Oh such sweet sorrow.Well back to my straight jacket.CooCoo CooCoo.......Much love and laughter...and Kiss My Lyme...Mitchell..

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved