MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/08/2009 06:09 AM

tourettes

angeleyes18
angeleyes18  

can you get tourettes from lyme cuz i swear i have it. Its a series of invouluntary full body muscle twitches, which wikipedia says can be tourettes. Can anyone tell me???Unsure

10/08/2009 06:52 AM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Yes some can get tics and twitches...but how severe is it? Tourettes is usually very severe...when i relax in bed at night with my night-time sleep aid...I get twitchy all over - with complete body jerks, arms and legs in different directions...

10/08/2009 05:12 PM
Cakeluva1980

I use to twitch and do all sorts of unvolintary movement. When I started my antibiotics it stopped. One time I ripped a phone jack out of the wall becaukse I had a spasm as I called them.

10/09/2009 10:06 AM
angeleyes18
angeleyes18  

pretty much i have different parts of my body that jerk, its different times and places and i cant help it but sometimes if im holding things they get thrown and sometimes its my whole body, its so random. Blink

10/09/2009 10:25 PM
MIDNIGHTSTARS
MIDNIGHTSTARS  

Hi there! I jus wanted to say that me and one of my daughters have mild tourettes, like with me its more like I can't sit still very long I have to move or stretch certain muscles and sumtimes eye blinking and throat clearing jus all kinds of little twitches all ovr my body. I jus got put on sum more anxiety med I hope it helps me. My 11yr old daughter that does not have lyme has tourettes that is also mild but she wears a medicine patch on her back catapres is what it is and it really helps her which I'm so happy about because I kno from myself when I was a kid how hard it was to go to school and have everyone make fun of u because I was different, but I think if I can get my nervousness and anxiety undercontrol it will help me but I kno how u feel its very annoying and embarasing. I'd say lyme deffintly aggervates it if not causes it. There's jus so much that lyme disease can cause it sucks! But I hav found one good thing outa all this and that's this support group here I love you all I kno I don't post a whole lot but I usually visit this site two to three times a day I wish u all the best and hope we are over this mess soonSmile anyone that wants to talk pleade pm me I may not be able to answer sum questions but,ill definitly be your friend that u can talk to anytimeSmile good nite everyone

10/14/2009 01:04 PM
angeleyes18
angeleyes18  

I threw a stapler today Sad i twitched and the stapler was flying into the counter, and i threw my pen twice todaySad i cant help it and its embarrassing.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved