MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/01/2009 03:55 PM

feel like something is moving under my skin

missbethie14

Hi all!

So I have been on doxy now for about 2 weeks and just today it feels as if my body is in constant motion, but nothing is moving. does that make sense? Almost like I am moving my muscles, but I am not....constant motion!

weird and scary, anybody have this????

10/01/2009 04:52 PM
sbrose
sbrosePosts: 72

I have involuntary muscle contractions in my upper arm which casues elbow to hurt (left side more than right). They are very very minimal when I wake up in the morning, but increase as the day goes on. They are worse in the pm. Very annoying. My upper neck down to my mid back will feel like soemthing is crawing under my skin. It feels like someone turned on the electrical stimulation on low. Weird. Any one have any ideas of what to ask the doctor?Unsure

10/01/2009 05:10 PM
TJC
TJC  

There are a lot of us that get this. There are a few "versions" of it. Tingling, vibrations, muscle twitching, something that feels itchy...it goes on, but it is all neuro stuff. Magnesium and b12 shots are the two things that help the best with this stuff it seems (at least that is what I've found so far). I think I notice it more when I'm herxing, even a light herx, but I'm not 100% on that part. Just make sure you tell your dr what is going on, they may have other ideas for you...best of luck!

10/01/2009 05:51 PM
Heidihorog

I feel vibrations all the time - weird! Not crawling - actual vibrations. And another thing - when I was outside this summer with my well guy trying to repair it, I stepped on the ground near the well and felt electricity run through my body. My husband and the well guy stepped there also, but they felt nothing. I have read that you are more susceptible to feeling electrical currents when you have lyme...... I'm guessing it's true.

10/01/2009 06:04 PM
missbethie14

so yucky....i must be herxing on doxy. this is my first time on it although i have been on a whole ton of meds since February....will this be the magic pill?? i am hoping!

10/01/2009 06:14 PM
greenbow
greenbowPosts: 130

ya'll know i get it...i post about how that symptom scares me all the time..i went almost 2 weeks symptom free..then it was that time of the month and for 8 days now i am vibrating, twitching, having headaches and in a ton of leg, neck and arm pain...BOOHOO...i thought i was CURED!

10/01/2009 06:38 PM
missbethie14

seriously! it's that time for me, too....well tomorrow anyways and crazy symptoms! I am so thankful that I have people to listen to me, i feel less alone. Thank you! I thank God, too that there are people to help me through this!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved