MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/26/2009 11:01 AM

tested positive for only band 41 on IGg and IGm

ldblows
ldblows  

my grandmother who has been very sick for years, has never been able to find a doctor that can figure out what is wrong with her. I have lymes and so does my son and she only tested positive for band 41. That means that she has lymes right! My LLMD says that even if you have only one band positive then you have lymes. Can anyone help me?

08/26/2009 11:18 AM
cmal
cmal  

If I understand it correctly, band #41 is indicative of an active infection in the body, but it is not lyme specific. There are other bands that are specific for lyme.

I just had my 3 kids tested..one was positive for lyme and the other 2 had only band #41 positive. I am assuming that they may have lyme, but we will need to retest again at a later date. If your grandmother has a lot of lyme symptoms a qualified llmd may diagnose her clinically and treat based on that.

08/26/2009 01:19 PM
deepcreekranch
deepcreekranch  

its funny i have Lymes and my dr gives me the cheap test every month. I did the Igenex test and was positive with 4 bands. So i am just coming off Iv ABX and still test positive for band 41 even with the cheap test. Whats up with 41?

08/26/2009 01:58 PM
stunned123

I was told by an Infectious Disease Dr. that "everyone would test postive for the 41kda band." Which is BS. I am of the understanding that 41kda band is for the flagella, and can be from other bacteria, not just BB. I have Lyme and initially just had the 41 band show positive, and then had another band show up on a WB with another lab. The blood was drawn at the same time on the same day by my LLMD. It shows how unreliable these tests are.

Did she have a postive Elisa?

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved