MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/25/2007 01:55 AM

About Lyme

Agnieszka

Good morning and grettings from Poland

My daughter got biten by a tick 11 years ago(now she have 14), she got Erythema chronicum migrans, and doctors detect on her Borelioza, she was tratted about 3 weeks with Augmentin, in this year near april she got articulation infection in her knees, then in july she got the same, it was not rheumathical, So I decided to make her Real Time PCR and she got positive.

Here in Poland i tried to find some help, but there is not to much doctors that know about this disease, they only know that is a very strong disease.

My question is, Is this disease possible to cure?, What I have to do to help her? Is there a new method to cure this desease? now she only got one antibiothic called Xorimax 2x500mg

Waiting for some help, and Thanking all that helped

Agnieszka from Poland

11/30/2009 11:08 AM
lydian
lydian  

Shocked I guess I missed this post. I hope you have been able to find some answers since then. I'm no expert but you will be able to get a lot of answers by reading through the discussion posts. Also, click on the Forums tab and look for facts and treatment on Lyme Disease.

I personally found the tick, had the bulls eye rash and the first clinical symptoms of headache, neck stiffness, achy and stiff knee joints and hips. I had the CDC recommended treatment of Doxycycline for 10 days. Did great for a few weeks. Then I was hit with many symptoms all at once and totally incapacitated. Even with all this, the docs refused to consider the idea of my having chronic Lyme Disease.

I finally contacted the Director of the Lyme Disease Research Foundation and he gave me tips on what to do and the doc I was with, on what meds to give me.

I was treated with Doxycycline, Tetracycline, Biaxin/Plaquenil, and Ketek in a regulated rotation. I also added an herbal protocal by Dr. Z and finally saw improvement.

This time around, I was on several different antibiotics...can't remember them all but here are a few, Omnicef, Mepron, Lariam, Minocycline, Ceftin, and herbal meds of Quina, Noni, Samento, Apo-hepat, Mundipur, Itres, etc.

Once again, look at the Facts section under the Forums tab.

Wish you all the best.

11/30/2009 11:19 AM
jaime1978
jaime1978  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi there, if you want to send me a PM I can see if I have any lyme literate docs over there, and I can also list some natural things she can be taking to help...some of it is amazing stuff like olive leaf extract, I have a whole thread on it in the fact section, you'll be amazed at what it can do, but there's tons of other things too.

it is possible to be cured or go into remission. you really want to build up her immune system and when you pm me I'll get more into that too.

warmest regards

jaime

11/30/2009 11:47 AM
decembergal
decembergal  

Jaime,

This post is from 2007. I wonder if the person still comes on here. I sure do hope so. It would be good to hear an update.

God Bless,

Kathy

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved