MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/12/2008 05:24 PM

ache is coming back, need a hug!

tina.r
tina.r  

I have not been posting anything for a while because I felt so much better and needed to cath up with everything that I have been neglecting. I still read all the new post though and have not deserted the forum.

You all are so important for me!

Lately I have been so perky but during the last week I started to feel depressed, for no reason. Then I realized that my pain is increasing in my feet hurt more and my hand (new ache). I really thought, against my docs. speculations, that I would fully recover. Now I think that might not be the case and I am one of the 10% with arthritic lyme that never recover.

Just need a hug today!

04/13/2008 03:55 AM
Julie4848

Here is a BIG HUG...I hope it helps...

I know the feeling I wake up and everyday I feel a different pain, then there are weeks and weeks that go by and I feel no pain...I just don't get it at time...

Another hug...

Juile

04/13/2008 09:47 AM
lymie
ConnieD  

Alright, here's a big hug.

I know what you mean about 'catching up" from all the years of being too sick and tired. I was sick and tired for ten years. I have a whole lot of catching up to do. I did unload a lot of baby stuff yesterday. Whew, it feels good to 'purge' the house.Smile

Anyway, I'm wondering ,if instead of you being one of the 10% who don't recover from lyme arthritis, if you are actually beginning a relapse. Isn't it possible a dormant cyst has become activated? When lyme symptoms begin returning, I believe that's a sign the disease has been reactivated and you need to kill those pathogens and boost your immune system. Just something to think about.Wink

I hope you feel better soon! Good to hear from you! I'm just sorry that you're having pain.

04/13/2008 02:08 PM
tina.r
tina.r  

Thanks a lot, I really needed a hug.

A relapse is totally possible and the thought is scary, I was so sick when it started. Last week I went on a soup diet to start to try all these extra pounds I gained being sick, I wonder if that might have anything to do with it. I kind of doubt it though, I ate so well.

I'll keep you posted on what is going on here.

04/13/2008 02:29 PM
lymie
ConnieD  

I had a small relapse in January of this year. It snuck up on me, and then bam. I really didn't get too worked up about it ,( since I knew what to do to get it back into remission. ) Here's what happened. I went off of my natural antibiotic (Samento by Nutramedix) for too long. I took Samento consistently from March of 07 to October of 07 and I was symptom free and feeling SO incredibly healthy. Well, I should have been taking some Samento about every other week. Anyway, I just went too long without it so early in my recovery. I'm guessing a cyst form reactivated when it entered my bloodstream after a cell or cells died and voila, there's lyme again. However, I'm in a 'happy place' again. I know what tools to use and just got back to work.

So, if you are starting to relapse, you know what to do, right? You beat it once already. Hang in there and please keep us posted.

04/14/2008 06:14 AM
jaime1978
jaime1978  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

(((((((((((((((((Tina))))))))))))))))) here's a huge hug honey. I'm sorry you're feeling so down. I don't buy that 10% bs. I think it's possible for a relapse, what lymie just said makes a ton of sense. As well as it's possible you were bit again. Remember it's not just ticks, we're talking fleas and mosquitos. And it's nymph seasonn from now until July.

I think what you need to do, and you already know this, is get on some garlic and cats claw, as much as you can tolerate. Also, a very good multi vitamin/mineral supplement (not centrum or stuff like that....those are called bed pan pills, in other words, they aren't absorbed) A good B complex is good too ... and at health food stores they have a whole slew of immune building things. anything from teas, to capsules.

I'm so glad you were feeling better for a while. Now keep that feeling in the forefront of your mind. I'm learning our minds have a LOT to do with us getting well. You much really believe it for it to happen. You've been there once, and you WILL do it again.

hugs again to you.

j

04/15/2008 03:59 AM
tina.r
tina.r  

Thank you all, I really needed this.

On the other hand, you write about what I dreaded, a maybe relapse.

For the last two days I have been waking up with a veryupset stomac and diarea, this is how it started laast time and it went on for over a week. I really thought that I had become lactose intolerant or started to develop IBS but then it disappeard.

I have been so euphoric feeling so much better and have fully ignored any possibilities of getting sick again but I guess I have to reconsider that. Can a new blood test confirm that you have an active infection or if you have once had a positiv result would a blood test most likely come up pos. because of the anti bodies staying for a while?

For now, garlic and catclaw it is. How much? Anything else that might be good for a possible relapse?

Thank you all,

Tina

04/15/2008 02:56 PM
Julie4848

Tina:

I asked my doctor last week about a getting another blood test, he said with lyme you really can't tell what it will say. Afer mexcio I'm having it done again. I will be one year July 22, 2008 and I want to know what it will show at this point.

I love the garlic but it gives me awful heartburn, so I found if I roast it in the oven and just eat it, its much easier on my stomach, plus I love the stuff, could live on it. I did try cat's claw my god I hated the way it made me feel, I started to itch like mad...Strange

My biggest complaint at the moment is, the knee pain, mild neck pain but the biggest is, the bee sting feeling all over my body, drives me to have a glass of wine...lol lol

Julie

04/16/2008 05:09 AM
lymie
ConnieD  

Hi there Tina,

I can comment on cat's claw because that is the very antibiotic that I used. I used Samento by Nutramedix and I had to start very slow. I was only able to stand 3 drops per day (mixed in water). I gradually worked up to 30 drops per day ( as long as I beefed up detox). So, it is individual. I would start slow and see how you feel (about 5-10 drops per day ) and gradually work your way up to 30-45 drops per day.

I can't comment on garlic. I see from posts that other people take garlic. Perhaps they'll be along and offer their tipsSmile

Take care and God bless,

Connie

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved