MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/06/2009 07:42 PM

Blurred Vision One Eye

strwbrryblnd
strwbrryblnd  

My goodness. It seems like a new symptom all the time. I ask myself all the time... "can this be real... there can't be this many things wrong with me"

I previously managed an optomotrist office. So I am very familiar with the eyes. So a few months ago... (before LD diagnosis) when I was dealing with a migraine that lasted 6 weeks... I went to the neurologist and for another eye exam. I've always had good vision.. Once again my vision was fine.

Lately I have been noticing that up close I have difficulty seeing. I just figured I was tired and started to blink more. So tonight I was having proplems reading my blackberry and I covered each eye one at a time. I don't know why I didnt think of this before. But my right eye is perfect and my left eye is double vision. I see 2 sets one on top of another. Its not just blurred. I could not make out anything with left eye.

Anyone else experience this? Is this Lyme related?

08/06/2009 07:52 PM
Zeke
Zeke  

I do believe it is Lyme related, I have had halos block my vision completely. There is a symptoms list somewhere on the net that put vision problems on it's list, blurred, halos & floaters.

08/06/2009 11:10 PM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I have had issues with my eyes - I developed drunk eyes...not fun when driving!

Keep in mind, the bacteria enters the eyes and brain within the first 10 days...so those buggers get in there and do their thing...

I have had a variety of issues with my eyes - jittering, shaking - ocular migrains of sorts...the blurred vision like you are describing.

my bite site is also between my eyelashes - so when i have a flare I have issues..both with the eye and the lid...

I keep pink eye med around...and when any of these things start - well not the drunk eyes - but the others...I use that and it helps to clear it up quick...

08/07/2009 06:10 AM
stunned123

Lyme can definitely be the cause. I do not have the double vision, but have had increased problems with my eyes. My eyes have become extremely dry. So dry that they recently put silicone plugs in my puncto ducts so what moisture I have will remain on my eyes longer. I have floaters often as well. The vision in my left eye has worsened slightly since this started. My eye doc had told me that they had just hospitalized a woman with Lyme who had Optical Nueritis. It definitely can play havoc with your eyes.

08/07/2009 09:33 AM
Dingosmom
Dingosmom  

Lyme can definitely cause optical problems. I have noted transient floaters in my left eye and the first thing I did after diagnosis was have my Optometrist husband do a thorough eye exam on me to make sure my retinas looked healthy.

My advice to everyone is to keep on your regular eye exams. Better to be safe than sorry.

08/07/2009 12:22 PM
greenbow
greenbowPosts: 130

blurring, dimming and floaters here too.

08/07/2009 01:22 PM
Tobi67
Tobi67  

This is Terry's wife Jenny.

Terry has had issues with blurred vision.

I have been checking here and reading things for a couple of months now.

The more I read and research, the more I am convinced that my son (now 5 yrs old) was born with lyme and got it from Terry and myself.

Zach was born sick. At 2 weeks old he woke up cross-eyed (strabismus). At 3 weeks old he began collick and this continued until about 5 months old. He had terrible headaches. I know because I would be get him calmed down after about 2 hours of crying and screaming and I would be holding him and I would kiss him on the temple and he would begin screaming all over again.

He had numerous health issues - asthma, pnuemonia, sinus infections, sinus polyps, ear tubes, adenois removed, tonsils removed, sinus polyps removed, and more issues - way too many to go into here. He has had 2 eye surgeries for strabismus. The first at 6 months old and the last at 2 years old. We got his first pair of glasses when he was 7 months old. He had to patch one eye because of amblyopia. The amblyopia is cured after 3 years of patching on and off. We are now gearing up for our 3rd surgery in mid September.

I am convinced that vision issues are part of lyme's and that our son was born with it.

08/07/2009 01:31 PM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Terry - PM me if you would like help finding an LLMD that treats kids...if this is in fact the case, he is going to need treatment before puberty - when things can get even worse...

Christine

08/07/2009 01:43 PM
Tobi67
Tobi67  

I was a very pushy mom and sought out dr after dr. Zach has been on numerous antibiotics in his 5 1/2 years. He developed allergies to Zithromax, Cefzil, and Sulfa. He can not take Amox - he gets mean on it - same with any medicine that has red dye. The last course was Biaxin for 1 year followed up by 3 weeks of clindamycin. This was given to him by an immunologist/asthma doc. This doc tested his IgA and IgA was low - therefore a diagnosis of immune deficient. This seems to have done the trick. He is now symptom free. He still takes his asthma preventative medicine and nasal steroid spray, but for now is symptom free.

I am thinking of having his blood drawn during this next surgery to have a lyme test done.

In any case Terry is seeing a terriffic LLMD about an hour away from us. I am not sure if he treats children but I think that he would see Zach if the need arises. I will let you know if I need a pediatric llmd. Thank you.

08/07/2009 07:29 PM
strwbrryblnd
strwbrryblnd  

Wow. So many symtoms are all starting to make sense now. Things that I had always wondered if they were in my head or now actually have a meaning behind them now.

Thanks again for everyones support.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved