MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/22/2009 02:34 PM

leg tingling/asleep worse right when i wake up?

missbethie14

Ok, anybody else? I didn't have pressure on my legs/arms while sleeping, but I noticed that when I wake up the sensation is worse....creeping me out! I really have not had this symptom before, so I am getting scared!

07/22/2009 03:13 PM
Canuck
Canuck  

Generally in any case of inflammation and pain due to it, it's worse on wakening. Moving throughout the day decreases pain and swelling in joints and limbs and so at night, everything settles and you can really feel it when you wake up. Rheumatoid arthritis is an example but most of us with Lyme have this often or from time to time. Have you had it before? Is it localized to one side or is there a pin/needle feeling? Sorry, I see 'tingling', so yes, even nerve pressure due to neuropathies which are extremely common can cause this pain. I haven't had joint / extremity issues until now and i have been in treatment since Oct 08, don't ask me why but all of a sudden in the last month I have been sore all over and in the am I have alot of pain in one limb or another.

If it really creeps you out and scares you I would call the doc for sure!

A good natural remedy for neuropathic pain/ pins and needles is Twin Labs Gaba plus. It's an alternative to neurontin/lyrica/mirapex

Post edited by: Canuck, at: 07/22/2009 03:15 PM

07/22/2009 03:18 PM
missbethie14

Thanks so much, its so weird. It isn't painful as much as almost numbish but I can feel my legs and feet. Its a strange feeling I can't quite explain! Scary stuff. I have called my MD who thinks it is the antibiotic killing off new lyme (I have been back on biaxin now two weeks to the date). Its just a bizarre sensation so I was hoping I wasn't alone!

07/23/2009 07:42 AM
dharma79
dharma79  
VIP Member

MissBethie-

I get the that feeling in my legs and arms too.

My doc explained that the Bb can effect any group of nerves and cause these kinds of neurapathies.

For example...one Sat morning, I woke up with my left ear completely numb...I could feel nothing. I also had a more mild numbness throughout the rest of my body without any real rhyme or reason to it.

The numbness in my body disappated over the course of the day, but my ear remained very numb for almost 3 weeks and is actually still not right.

Then, a week or 2 after the ear...I had an accident, and wet the bed one night...totally took me by surprise as I have never wet the bed since I was potty trained. Unsure Blush

Again, my doc said my cranial nerves were probably under attack causing the ear thing...And the accident was probably a nerve thing too. She explained she has had patients report similar accidents and that most were isolated or only a couple of times. If it happens more regularly, she would want to adress it further.

So, Yes, any and all nerves in your body can be effected at any given time.

Hope this helps some...otherwise, I just embarrassed myself for nothing...Dizzy Blink Silly

07/23/2009 08:05 AM
missbethie14

Oh thank you! I appreciate your story! My LLMD is stopping the biaxin and then going to try zithromax. Hopefully I will be better!

07/23/2009 08:46 AM
TJC
TJC  

I also get a lot of nerve stuff in my arms and legs...well just about everywhere actually (not my ear though, that is a new one!) The thing I get ALL the time now is a tickily tingling, almost like little legs are crawling all over me, of course since I was diagnosed I am totally creeped out about all bugs which is what this almost feels like. Or like after a surgery when the nerves are repairing. That same thing. Anyone found a way to get rid of it? I'm basically itchy all the time now. The shooting pains, muscle spasms and numbness seemed a little easier for me to deal with. I hate feeling like I have bugs all over me...yuck!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved