MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/29/2008 06:36 AM

abnormal bleeding

lymie
ConnieD  

Good morning!

I don't want to gross anybody out, but has anyone had bloody stools/diarrhea? If so, did you go to the doctor and what did they find?

Thanks for your comments, if any.

03/31/2008 01:25 AM
accalea
accalea  

Blood in your stool is something that can be very serious depending on how much is there. It can be anything from large hemmorhoids to polyps and colon cancer. You should see a doctor as soon as possible. If is just a little bit of blood when you wipe it could be that you aren't getting enough fiber and you are having to strain to hard when you poop. Take a look at the posts that are listed "probiotics" also, this may help you.

03/31/2008 06:22 AM
Julie4848

Or its from the abx if you are on them, it has happend to me, I would call your doctor about it.

04/01/2008 06:24 AM
lymie
ConnieD  

I'm not on antibiotics and haven't taken them in years. I've never been constipated. I eat plenty of fiber (fresh organic fruits and veggies). Never had hemorroids, even after having all those kids (3). ????

I did see a doctor yesterday. They recommend a colonoscopy. Oh, joy.

Here's another symptom that has me puzzled, my back is so tired. Just my back is profoundly fatigued. Weird. I've been cruising along so well, practically jumping out of my skin, because I'm so happy to be free. Then, this happens. I don't have time for this. It's Spring and time to plant flowers and vegetables.

Thanks everyone, for your comments.

04/01/2008 02:38 PM
synergyman
synergyman  

What a great board. I am over 50 and once you reach that mile stone they prescribe a Colonoscopy as a preventive measure. My colonoscopy came out absolutely clear. So when I started having bloody stools I was surprised. It was just another weird symptom.

Once I eliminated the food allergy items, started Nystatin, to kill the systemic yeast buildup, and greatly reduced my sugar intake all bowel issues stopped. I wish you well on you colonoscopy. Lyme recovery.

04/01/2008 04:43 PM
fin24

also test for C diff--its an infection more often with abx but you can get it anytime and like MRSA its becoming an epidemic--needs to be treated with specific abx and its very risky and contagious too

and good luck with the 'oscopy--had a few myself--even the one where you swallow a camera in the capsule!!--if you have a choice between preps of the "drink" vs pills--do the pills if you can tolerate them--the drink is a gasllon of horrible salty nasty stuff you drink till youre pooping the same stuff going in as out!!

good luck

04/05/2008 01:17 AM
accalea
accalea  

If you doctor recommended a colonoscopy then that is the way to go. It is always better to be safe than sorry.

04/05/2008 09:58 AM
jaime1978
jaime1978  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I agree, do the colonoscopy....you've had three kids,... you can do anything Smile The way I look at it, we can do anyting for a day, it's this constant bs that wears us down.

c diff is a possibility, as was mentioned...I'm going to consider that one myself. unfortunatly, I think flagyl is recomended for it...ick.

04/08/2008 06:20 AM
lymie
ConnieD  

Thanks everyone for your comments. It really helps to have ya'll for support.

Alright, here we go, I had the colonoscopy Friday..whew..that's a far cry from how I used to spend my Friday nights...hee,hee.

I have an appointment with my GI doc in one weeek (we're waiting on more labs..the promethius inflammatory bowel panel and several biopsies). In the meantime, I do have a few labs back already. I have not discussed these with any of my docs yet. I thought I'd get some input from some of you who may have had similar experiences.

So, here it is. I have severe ulcerative colitis with multiple ulcerations from the cecum, extending to the midsigmoid region. Assessment: acute colitis, ulcerative versus Crohn's versus other, rule out mild ileitis, adhesions.

The doc recommended I take Lialda and a prednisone Dosepak beginning with 40mg daily x3 and tapering by 5mg every fourth day for a total of 108 pills. Here are my abnormal lab values: RBC-low, Hemoglobin -low, hematocrit-low, MCH-high, RDW-low, MPV-low, eosinophil-High, absolute lymph-borderline low, lymphocyte-borderline low.

Alright you lab rats...hee,hee...What is your take on these lab values?

Thank you all so much for helping!!

Also, I haven't taken any of the scripts so far. I'm waiting to talk to my biological MD and waiting to hear from you all. My abdomen is pretty swollen and has fleeting pains and I'm tired. Who has experienced this? I'm frustrated because my Lyme disease has not been bothering me and I'm wondering where the heck this came from? Has Lyme been slowly destroying my colon? The cause of UC is unknown, thought to be bacterial , viral or autoimmune...sounds like Lyme , doesn't it?

Thanks again!

Connie

04/08/2008 09:17 AM
lymie
ConnieD  

While I've been waiting to hear from you all, I've been on the internet looking up these labs. I think it points to lyme causing this. Of course, no mention of lyme is on these sites, just diseases like lupus, hiv==scary, problems with bone marrow, aplastic anemia, etc. I am starting to get a little concerned, I need some help here.

Again, thanks for everyone's input.Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved