MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/14/2009 02:33 PM

symptoms worse on one side?

greenbow
greenbowPosts: 130

does anyone have this?

i have symptoms on both sides but, for instance: the tingling in my calves...on both but, feel it more on the left..the pulling feeling in my face...whole face will feel tight but, feel it more onthe left and more in the back of my head on the left (the sore spots)..also both my pinky fingers feel stiff and burn but, the left one is hard to type with some..then..both my legs will feel tight but, the left hamstring, calf and hip are more tight and i feel like they affect my gait but, no one can SEE this apparently.

thanks, christine

07/14/2009 02:41 PM
cmal
cmal  

Yes mine is also worse on he left. No idea why!

07/14/2009 02:55 PM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I am left sided too...

And when it goes to the right - I can barely tolerate the pain...or whatever I am experiencing - just grown accustomed to it on the left I suppose...

I have noticed this in some tho - it manifests more on one side then the other...

Maybe it has to do with how the brain is being infected...

greenbow - I havent forgotten about you...I just have a lot to send you in a PM and my time is much shorter today then I thought it would be...

07/14/2009 05:05 PM
pamdodd
pamdoddPosts: 34

Mine's mainly on the left too. Lost the use of my left hand 25 years ago. Left ear tickles more than right. Pain in my left rib that comes and goes. And occasional tingles down my left leg. Maybe it's a female thing.

07/14/2009 09:37 PM
Anne17

Yes all my problems are mainly on my left side too.Numbness on the left side of my face, pain in my arm,twitching limbs,ear pain etc. Sometimes it's on both sides but not usually. Actually I haven't officially been diagnosed with Lyme's yet, but plan on being tested and have ruled out other diseases.

07/14/2009 09:55 PM
amethyst
amethyst  

Mine is on my left as well. Tingling, twitches, sore muscles, headaches, etc. I also seem to bruise more easily on the left as my left leg is almost always covered in bruises. (Then again, my DVT was on the right calf, so that doesn't fit.) I'm right-handed; I don't know if there's any kind of link there.

07/15/2009 05:11 AM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

ok I have to be different. I have it on bothsides. But I guess im the left also.

Just out of curiosity, is everyone right handed?

07/15/2009 05:17 AM
fraggles
fraggles  

I am ambidextrous.. I do mainly most things with left hand but write with my right hand as they changed it over from left at school. I find I am more affected on my right hand side.. I think that MAY have been the side I was bitten.

07/15/2009 05:22 AM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

Thanks,

I was just wondering if the right brain/left brain thing had anything to do with it. I never considered it might be the side we were bitten on. Interesting thought

07/15/2009 05:39 AM
pamdodd
pamdoddPosts: 34

I'm right handed. The only tick bite I remember was on the top of my head at age 10, which was 50 years ago. I do know women are more likely to have heart involvement with Lyme. Much of the heart is located left of center. But that wouldn't account for all the left-side nerve involvement.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved