MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/29/2009 05:58 PM

Flashing lights in vision

KStuff
KStuff  

I'm trying to figure out the cause of some unusual symptoms. Although I haven't tested positive for any coinfections, I'm beginning to feel like there's more going on that just lyme.

So...does anyone else have white flashing lights in their vision? They are like "strobe lights" and appear only when I'm blinking.

What could this be???

06/29/2009 06:21 PM
lindaca

I had this as well, and it disappeared after a while. I saw the eye doctor, and he said that it is nothing to worry about and generally clears in time, which it did. I didn't know I had lyme at the time, but that was about a year ago and it has not come back. He even handed me a little pamphlet explaining that floaters and flashes are somewhat to be expected to appear as you get older. I don't know how this relates to lyme though!

06/30/2009 07:54 AM
dharma79
dharma79  
VIP Member

Floaters and other vision issues like seeing things in your peripheral vision that aren't there or seeing other things that aren't actually there seem to be pretty common among Lymies.

From what I understand, the eyes are very sensitive organs to Lyme and can even cause blindness.

Yes, most docs will tell you that some floaters are normal, but when it is more often that you are having these little light shows, etc...it is most likely Lyme and does seem to come and go like other Lyme symptoms.

Go to your eye doc and have your eyes checked anyway.

It is a good idea for all of us to have our eyes checked twice a year.

Smile

06/30/2009 09:04 AM
djp1972
djp1972  

Yes ..my eyes hurt very bad and I have a ton of floaters,so bad it looks like clear grey organisms under a microscope.

06/30/2009 09:50 PM
KStuff
KStuff  

Every time I blink, it's like a flash from a camera goes off. I've been to the optometrist and he referred me to a neuropthamologist which wasn't covered by my insurance. I'm beginning to think this is a symptom of bart or another coinfection.

07/01/2009 05:26 AM
kpennino
kpennino  

could also be migraine symptoms. do you get migraines?

10/06/2009 05:57 PM
mixxster
mixxster  

Hey I know this thread is a little old, but I have this problem too. With me this occurs anytime my eyes have nothing to see, so I see the stobes of light when my eyes are closed,and when it is very dark.

I had floaters (which went away on doxy), but I don't think they are connected symptoms. I also don't think it is connected to Bartonella, or Lyme because I have gotten really good treatment and am free from all of those symptoms. What I do have symptoms of and haven't treated is Babesia. I think since the babesia headaches I'm getting are also causing lots of pressure in my eye, the flashing sensations in my eye may be related. I have a hard time falling asleep because it feels like I just keep seeing these flashing lights (seemingly in my peripheral vision). I also don't think this occurs solely because of old age, because I am only 19 years old.

So ultimately my suspicions lie in my babesia hypothesis.

Post edited by: mixxster, at: 10/06/2009 06:00 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved