MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/23/2009 01:05 PM

Mono and lyme

KatiB
KatiB  

I just found out today that I have mono on top of my lyme disease. I was doing research again and trying to figure out exactly what mono is and why it is making me so sick. I have a horrable immune system and I have been on antibotiics for almost 6 months they had to stop them for a week or two so that my body can fight the mono but I read that it can really effect my liver spleen and such more beacuse my immune system is so compromised.

Does any one have any suggestions?

06/23/2009 01:26 PM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Mono is EBV - Ebstein Bar Virus...HHV4 - which is VERY common for the public to be carrying...

however, healthy people who are exposed to it - are generally able to suppress it - i.e. its dormant...

Our Buddie Lyme - is notorious for weakening our immune systems so much that HHV4, HHV5, HHV6 are reactivated...especially 4 & 6...also steroid treatments can reactivate them too...

Once reactivated, yes these viruses can cause much more serious issues then when we first came in contact with them...which was as babies and small children...

HHV6 & 7 cause "sixth disease" in small children...one of the 6 classic illnesses (rash related) -

Anywho - these are viruses that all can be reactivated due to a variety of reasons honestly...

just read through an article from NASA in which they are looking to avoid space flight from reactivating such viruses as EBV...

OK so now what? Right??

One good treatment for combatting some of these reactivated viruses is Olive Leaf Extract and even Oil of Oregano...

these are natural abx and immune support products - which can help beat back the viruses and they are good for treating Lyme as well...

Hang in there sweetie - you will be alright

Christine

edited; used quotes to enlarge text for neuro lyme patients like me. bettyg, iowa leader Smile

Post edited by: Bettyg, at: 09/11/2010 02:34 AM

06/23/2009 01:38 PM
KatiB
KatiB  

Its just such a pain in the ass. Scuse my language. Im in so much pain and the dr today all of my major organs such as my liver, spleen, kidneys, etc.. are pretty enlarged.

06/23/2009 02:30 PM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

make sure you keep up with detoxing - your system can become so overloaded...lots of water...and get with the doc if it seems to get out of hand

06/23/2009 03:09 PM
KatiB
KatiB  

ok. my dr. is pretty worried about me at this point. Ive never detoxed before. What types of herbs and such could help me with this?

06/23/2009 04:00 PM
steelers

kati, make yourself sweat as much as possible by either using a infared sauna biomat, take a bath with epson salt and hydrogen peroxide, exercise to name a few.

Steelers

06/23/2009 04:26 PM
ShayRae

Katie. My name is Shayna and I am also 18 and I have had Lymes and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. the I was too young to understand what the Lymes was doing to me. My mom met a lady who lives by us who has been really sick with Lymes. She said she has been walking outside daily and that has helped her with depression, getting a good source of vitamin D and it helped her keep her energy up.

Shayna

06/23/2009 04:56 PM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Katie...

Water - is a huge thing...not flavored - but plain water - or also as steelers advises mineral...half your weight in ounces daily minimum...

also there is a great detox tea made by traditional medicinals - i get it from the grocery story - its called detox - tastes good - so few do...

Vit C helps too - get ester-c powders, as they have immune support - add that to 16 oz of water...

also - a good one is activated charcoal - 2 hrs before or after anything - it will absorb both the good and the bad stuff...

and again OO and OLE will help you to fight what is infecting you - of course let the doc know...but it is very very good for you...

you can get liquid drops - which are more powerful - but I know OO is AWFUL and burns...dont know about OLE...for OO most health food stores should carry P73 Oreganol...its a bit expensive - but works very well...

Hang in there sweetie

Christine

edited; used quotes to enlarge text for neuros like me. bettyg, iowa leader

Post edited by: Bettyg, at: 09/11/2010 02:37 AM

06/23/2009 07:13 PM
SarRob
SarRob  

Hey Kati, I also have EBV with my lyme, I know it's a pain..but try to hang in there! My dr recommended taking milk thistle for my liver and so far no problems (knock on wood)...also like others said, detoxing in an epsom salt bath has helped me A TON, not only with the pain but it helps relax me, I do it a few times a day..

keep your chin up!

06/23/2009 07:22 PM
steelers

You can kill that off by using essential oils, they are natural antibiotics that will kill off the virus in your system. I used them and it did the job for me.

Steelers

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved