MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/17/2009 09:27 AM

Lump on back of head, Lyme?

JimmieCrackCorn
JimmieCrackCorn  

Hi all, I have been seeing Dr. C in Southern Md for a couple weeks, and have been on Cefdinir, doxy together currently for about 10 days and out of no where when I shaved my head the other day (which I always do) my wife noticed a knot on my head on the right side just below the bone on the back of your head. It does not hurt, just pretty much hard. Have no idea what it is. I called the Dr. as this is something new, just wanted to see if any of you had any thoughts, or have had this before.

thanks

06/17/2009 11:06 AM
KStuff
KStuff  

When I first starting antibiotics for lyme, this happened to me also. Called my doctor and he told me that there are lymph nodes in the back of the head. They fill up with dead bacteria, because the body cannot flush them out of your system fast enough. My lump was about the size of a quarter, but went away within a few days.

You might want to call your doctor, just to make sure. And remember to detox to get those dead ones out of your system. Smile

06/17/2009 11:14 AM
ACajunBabe4U
ACajunBabe4U  

Hi Jimmie,

It is probably just a swollen lymph node. I have them also. Sometimes they are very sore and at other times they don't hurt.

You should call your doctor so they know what is going on. Detoxing is the most important thing to do right now also. Drink plenty of water.

Good luck!!!

06/17/2009 11:18 AM
JimmieCrackCorn
JimmieCrackCorn  

any detox ideas that are safe with meds other than just water, I know of epsom salt however not sure if you can do that with cefdinir b/c it says nothing with magnesium. I have called the Doc, right now Im just playing the waiting game for his return call as well as co infection results and cd57 results.

thx

06/17/2009 11:56 AM
KStuff
KStuff  

Some detox ideas: foot pads, milk thistle capsules (available at Whole Foods or online), moderate exercise, saunas, hot tubs or anything else that makes you sweat.

see: www.BetterHealthGuy.com

06/17/2009 11:57 AM
JimmieCrackCorn
JimmieCrackCorn  

I see, thank you both for the info

06/18/2009 03:52 AM
JimmieCrackCorn
JimmieCrackCorn  

I got a call from the Dr. yesterday afternoon, well not exactly the Dr. but his nurse which kinda ticked me off, she said that he wanted to do a biopsy on the bump, which I have to admit is scary. I hope the bump goes away before then, as the appt is 2nd week in July.

06/18/2009 05:25 AM
cherryg

Hey there. i say don't worry so much. There r many people here whose lymph nodes get swollen, from the bacteria or toxin overload after taking the antibiotics. It would be safe to go thru with the biopsy, but don't forget how ignorant or unknowledgeable doctors are. Of course, with a little lump, they would never consider Lyme disease and its consequences, cancer seems more likely to them. Just do what they say to make sure but my opinion is 99% it's lyme, so don't stress too much about it.

06/18/2009 12:21 PM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Also - remember that you have trigger points back there too...since it doesnt hurt I would say more along the line of Lymph - but halfway between your neck and ear, on each side is a trigger point...these can also turn to hard lumps...but are often associated with pain...not always tho...

They can cause stress and tension and headaches...

I used to get shots in both of mine - to reduce pain and headaches...

With trigger points you can also apply moderate pressure - for 10 seconds and then slowly release - this will break up the inflammation and increase blood flow - flushing the toxins that are built up there too...

So I figured I would just throw that into the mix too for ya!

Christine

06/19/2009 03:07 AM
JimmieCrackCorn
JimmieCrackCorn  

cool cmany, I have been detoxing like crazy since this bump popped up, and it seems to have reduced in size, so that is probably a good sign. I will def try the 10 sec idea,

~thx

Jimmie

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved