MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/14/2009 04:42 PM

Bulls-eye rash

ashe88

I just discovered a bulls-eye rash on my mother's arm and she said she pulled a tick from the area. She was/is on 10 days of Amoxicillon (1500 mg/day)for a sinus infection when she discovered it. I was wondering if this will be enough antibiotics to fight it. Thank you for your time.

06/14/2009 05:04 PM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

HI

Although its a good thing she was on the Amox when she got bit, I dont believe its enough. I think she should report the rash with a doctor and see if you can get her another 30 days. There are different types of antibiotics and different forms of the Lyme. Not all are killed with certain meds. To be on the safe side, have her checked.

06/15/2009 06:12 AM
jaime1978
jaime1978  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I agree with Carol here.... really a few days of amoxi isn't usually going to be enough...it's good she happend to be on them when she discovered it, take a pic of the rash, and if you need the name of a lyme doc send me a pm of the state she's in and I'll see what I can do

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved