MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/11/2009 10:25 AM

Absence seizures

sgusi

My dad has had Lyme's 3 times. Now he's having what they thought were mini strokes but may be Absence (Absonce) seizures. Anyone out there had the same from

Lymes?

06/11/2009 09:09 PM
ldsucs
ldsucs  

Limbic seizures for me?

06/12/2009 08:59 AM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Yes...

I went through a period where I would have these. I was about 19 and was always out in a public place or a place filled with people...

It is a really bizarre feeling...as the world around you continues and you can only sit and stare off into space...unable to move or anything....I used to get really upset after them..

It could be related to the co-infection Bartonella...I know I read somewhere that seizures can occur with bartonella infections...bart can cause demyleination and lesions that can cause both grand mal and petite mal (absence) seizures...

Please consider that rather than him having had Lyme 3 times...he more likely has had it since the first time - and has been reinfected the other times...

This could complicate things because he could have different strains of lyme - along with different strains of co-infections...

This will make treatment more difficult...

Is he seeing a good LLMD? If not PM me and lets see who we can find for him...let me know where he is and where he can travel in order to see one...

Please look into bartonella for the seizures...

PM for anything

Christine

OH - I forgot to add - that the lesions can get better with proper treatment - dont loose hope...just help him fight for the right treatment!!

Post edited by: cmany, at: 06/12/2009 09:00 AM

06/12/2009 09:04 AM
sgusi

Thank you so much for your great advice. We'll follow it! It's so frustrating that because he's elderly the Lyme issues get passed over as old age issues.

06/12/2009 09:54 AM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I hear ya on that...

My step-fathers father just passed recently...

And all that he was going through - everything that they were testing for...they were stumped...

Only one doctor started to suspect that this could have been Lyme - he didnt come out and say it - but asked the "right" questions...that let the family know what he was suspecting...

Unfortunately they were too late to save him...

We have to be soldiers and warriors in this...its not fair...but we have to fight back...

Hang in there...try to get any testing done through Igenex...they are your best chance as a more accurate test - but again...tests are not 100%...

Christine

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved