MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/08/2009 08:17 AM

Ear pain

Lisawest82
Lisawest82  

My ear pain is getting worse, not only is it more intense it had traveled to my jaw. I hurts to chew, I am more sensitive to sound and just plain feel bad. I know these symptoms are common, but are they to this extent.

Any sugesstions to relief from this uncomfortable situation?

06/08/2009 08:50 AM
Bethy

Hi Lisa, I suffered SEVERE ear pain, behind my ear, in my ear and in my jaw and gums. This precipitated a bout of Bell's Palsy. Are you having any numbness and tingling on your cheeks or the front of the ear where it meets the jaw?

06/08/2009 08:58 AM
Lisawest82
Lisawest82  

I have had tingling in my jaw before, not since this onset of ear pain though. I was doing ok for a while, now all of a sudden everything is coming back. My hands and feet are swelling again too, I spend all weekend in bed beacause it was to painful to move around. Gee I hope I don't get a bout of Bell's Palsy, but my jaw and ears are definetly very painful today.

On another note, how have you been Bethy?

06/08/2009 10:02 AM
Bethy

hanging in there. Good days and bad days. I've noticed that the more stress I'm under (whether at work or personal) I have a LOT more pain and my neuro symptoms are a lot worse! Let me know how you're doing with the ear pain. Remember to get plenty of rest. When I had Bell's Palsy in 2005 I had been under EXTREME stress dealing with my son and husband (his stepfather) not getting along, fighting and my GROWN son was living with us. Try not to be under the stress monster honey!

BTW... I'm in Woodbridge... how close are you? Maybe we can do lunch soon!

hugs!

Beth

06/08/2009 10:19 AM
shellyadd

I had a lot of ear pain, jaw pain, numbness in the face and once I started taking magnesium it went away, took maybe about a week (not that I remember to well yet..lol) Might be worth a try, I know everyone is different but that helped me a lot with my, face and ear pain for some reason.

I started with vitamins first that I read on here and then started to feel so much better, then went to LLMD finally and I am on antibiotics, herbs, vitamins, etc.

06/08/2009 04:39 PM
3whiteroses

Likewise I get ear pain - however, my left side seems to be the most painful. I get pain in the ear, behind the ear, and it radiates down my neck. I feel sometimes like my jaws are being squeezed - the muscles tighten up so much I feel like my face is going to explode. Lyme sucks so bad....

06/08/2009 04:46 PM
ACajunBabe4U
ACajunBabe4U  

I have the same kind of pains also. I stopped chewing gum because it made my face hurt for days afterwards.

That was one of my first symptoms. Numbness and tingling in left side of face. Then knots all in my muscles from head to toe...

The worst pain starts on top of my head and moves down to my neck and back. It doesn't stop anywhere. I hurt from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet. Sad

Good luck

06/08/2009 07:54 PM
smileanyway
smileanyway  

ACajunBabe4u you get knots in the back of your head? I have them but I don't know if its lyme or not. Please let me know. It would explain a lot.

06/08/2009 08:21 PM
ACajunBabe4U
ACajunBabe4U  

At the bottom??

06/08/2009 11:29 PM
smileanyway
smileanyway  

Yeah at the bottom close to my neck and kinda up the back of my head.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved