MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/07/2009 09:35 AM

Neck sweats

Zeke
Zeke  

Night sweats have always been a part of my symptoms, however, the most sweating I do is around my neck and sometimes it is just isolated to my neck, it will be completely drenched and no other place. Has anyone else had this experience?

Of Note: I noticed something interesting on one of the posts, that alot of us seem to have Hashimotos (which of course is the body attacking the thyroid) along with the Lyme, I was wondering if this is an area of the body the Lyme like to attach itself and perhaps that is what the immune system is trying to attack? Just a hypothesis.

Post edited by: Zeke, at: 06/07/2009 09:36 AM

06/07/2009 10:06 AM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hey Zeke...

My mom has and has had really awful sweating around her neck...so much so that she butchered the back of her hair...

She would call me in tears, because all the sweating was getting so bad...and her neck was her biggest complaint...

Now she does have thyroid issues - but as far as we know the sweating is the Babesia...even tho she tested positive - her symptoms are right on track with babs...the malarone helps...and she has recently started artemisinin - because she needs more then just the malarone...

So you are not alone in it...

Christine

06/07/2009 10:28 AM
Zeke
Zeke  

Thank you for the response Christine. I just think it is weird how it is just around the neck sometimes.. I started an Artemisin product a couple of days ago with some other things like garlic, oregano...and the sweating really increased yesterday... I hope that is a good sign. Even though I haven't been tested for the Babs, I am suspecting, and I am going to talk to my doc about it next week, that is interesting.

Thanks again...Rhetta

06/12/2009 10:32 PM
iamonica
iamonica  

OMG, my whole scalp sweats like crazy...no where else, just my scalp. My hair gets drenched in the back. Not constantly, but like half of the time. Night and Day. I got my hair done today, chopped off 4 inches and shaved at the neck! (a Bob) I had planned on not washing it tomorrow, because the stylist blow dryed it out really nice, but it happend again, I did some house cleaning and before I knew it my head was soaked! Yuk, of course I washed it! It's funny - I had shorts on and my hubby touched my theigh and said, "Oh, you're cold!" (the a/c is on) I said are you kidding? look at the back of my head! You are NOT alone!

06/13/2009 04:41 AM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

Welcome to the group iamonica,

I think its more common among us than some realise. I sleep with my hair fanned out behind me. I cant have it on my neck. I was thinking of cutting mine too. Just havent gotten the nerve.

06/13/2009 06:38 AM
ACajunBabe4U
ACajunBabe4U  

You are definately NOT alone. I have this problem as well.

I keep my hair up in a ponytail to keep it from hanging down around my neck. Mine happen more in the daytime I think than at night.

My youngest brother keeps complaining that he wakes up and night covered in sweat and has to change sheets and things like that.

Take care...

06/13/2009 08:14 AM
Zeke
Zeke  

Thank you all so much for your replys...crazy stuff...mine happens mostly at night, I suppose I am lucky...I keep it up alot, so haven't thought about cutting it...I love my clippies..

06/14/2009 07:32 AM
lymebuster

Oh you are a good researcher...I also have Hashimoto's and have night sweats and usually just around the neck area. This leads me to believe I have been ill with lyme for a very long time, even though I was just diagnosed in January 2009. All my labs are highly positive for CDC criteria..and they were taken in December/January and I was taking doxy and they showed up positive...before that another test was negative. I also have found out that lots of us have low vitamin D levels, low potassium, low B-12, 80 % have weight gain and 20&% can not gain weight..Darn..I am in the 80 %. Also we have problems with diabetes/insulin etc. Leptin seems to be the problem with the weight gain. I think I was re-infected July 2008 with a European strain and that caused different symptoms. These bacteria have mutated and in different regions you have a different variation of Borrelia..Missouri and the Mid west seem to have theirs, CA has theirs, the NorthEast seems to have a lot of joint and arthritis issues. Florida has STARI which is another variation and we have a different rash.. This is quite a worldwide epidemic.

A friend who grew up in the Czech Republic was telling me how they could not go into the woods or forest as a child because the government posted signs about tick borne illnesses there caused by the NAZI's doing bio-warfare on ticks around their borders. Borrelia is quite an epidemic in Europe...and the Czech Republic has a vaccine for animals and a company Bioveta has developed one for humans.

There must be some organization. like the WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION that needs to get involved...this is much larger than just the United States.

Money needs to be spent by all countries that are suffering with this. I think everyone is rushing secretly to find a cure/vaccine to of course make MONEY..

If all the countries affected by Borrelia and co-infections put their top scientists on the project, we might see some results. The Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden might be a great place or our National Institute of Health or our own CDC...if our country was willing to recognize this PANDEMIC....Forget about swine flu...tick borne diseases are the greatest problem facing many countries today.

Well, I will get off this soap box...Hope Y'all feel better....Hugs, LYMEBUSTER

06/14/2009 07:49 AM
lymebuster

I have found out another thing...Children get this the worst, then women and then men. Sedentary people have the most problems...I played competitive tennis and my CD-57 level is 92. Many pro athletes fare better than the rest, because the body is most likely removing toxins faster, and the immune system is bolstered...Perry Fields, the Olympic runner, and Sam Stosur the pro tennis player are back better than ever...however both were on IV drugs...If the IDSA thinks 200 mg doxy cures everyone then why do Emergency rooms when they see a patient dying of lyme give them IV rocephin or other IV abx ??????? They don't hand out a few damn pills of doxy and send them on their merry way...I can't wait until things change because I have a few scores to settle with some Infectious Disease Doc's.

06/14/2009 08:02 AM
Zeke
Zeke  

Yes, this is a worldwide epedimic, and I really see it turning up more in the media...perhaps we are just on the brink of this all being taken more seriously. When I told my Czech friend I finally got my dxs, when she returned from a visit home, she said her mom's neighbor had it. So, you think all of this could be bio-warefare related? Hmm?

For now, because main stream docs really don't know. We have to be our own best advocates along with the docs who are stepping out on a limb. And we need to do our best to educate our family and friends, and have them educate their family and friends.

The "Under Our Skin" movie is coming out at the end of this summer.

Post edited by: Zeke, at: 06/14/2009 08:03 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved