MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/27/2009 05:22 PM

Small red spots an bruising

CricketS
CricketS  

Do any of you get very small red dots on your skin? They are flat dots and they pop up on my arms and legs. They are not in patches, just a few sporadic spots here or there. I also seem to bruise easier. Occasionally I wake up with a small bruise but have no idea as to how I get them. I don't recall hitting anything to bruise. Are these common with lyme or while on Doxy?

05/27/2009 07:07 PM
dharma79
dharma79  
VIP Member

I have noticed that I bruise more easily and without any remembered cause.

And I also have been getting smll random little red bumps...sometimes flat and sometimes more raised.

I have had these symptoms through out and I don't think it's the Doxy necessarily.

The only stab at an answer I've ever gotten from a doc is that it is an expression of a yeast over growth...the bumps, not the bruising...the bruising remains a mystery to me! lol

Hope this helps a little bit!

05/27/2009 07:18 PM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

I do know that if you are taking fish oil it has some blood thinning qualities as does Vit. E and asprin. This will cause bruising more easily.

05/27/2009 09:52 PM
ALymeLife
ALymeLife  

I have this as well as extreme itching. Seeing the doc Friday to finally start treatment. If he has answers I'll post back.

05/27/2009 11:36 PM
ACajunBabe4U
ACajunBabe4U  

I too have the red bumps from time to time on my face, neck, legs, and back. They come and go.

I have a problem with itching also. I itch EVERYWHERE!! I having had bruising problems all my life. I have pictures of me when I was little in a polka dotted dress and my legs look like the dress. I never know where I get them from.

Good luck!!

Sheila

05/30/2009 06:25 PM
cherryg

I think it all has to do with the infection we have. I read on a site that people with hiv bruise easily, so i got scared bf being diagnosed with Lyme, but now i'm sure the changes Lyme causes in our blood makes us bruise, without remembering the reason.

08/27/2009 04:47 PM
Eric25

I actually have the same thing happen to me and am trying to find out if they are symptoms for lyme as well if i find anything i will let you know...

08/27/2009 04:50 PM
Eric25

HI I am not a group leader but a little information that I have found is that with inflammation from lyme disease affecting potentially everywhere on your body the red spots may be yeast but also may be small capillaries or very small broken bloos vessels... Only a suggestion on what I have found...

08/28/2009 12:46 PM
Dingosmom
Dingosmom  

Eric25, are you perhaps thinking of petechial hemorrhages? Usually that can be attached to having a low platelet count that interferes with the bloods ability to clot.

Are these red spots itchy or not? There are a lot of rashes associated with Lyme disease. Could this be one of them?

08/29/2009 07:24 PM
Eric25

Yep I found that online for petechia thank you very much!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved