MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/03/2009 03:15 AM

low dose neltrexone...anybody? this pain is crazy

kittiekat

hi

me kittie here. 5 am and this chest pain back pain ad joints are off the scale, not pERmitting ME TO DRAW breath without crushing me much less sleep...this is truly god awful...

i went to new york again recently to llmd and he has suggested asomething new for me...is currently being ordered from compounding pharmacy...LOW DOSE NALTREXONE...

ANYBODY ON IT? AYONE BENEFITING FROMN IT IN TERMS OP PAIN?

OF SO, PLS SHARE with me

i dont complain here often but this pain is insufferable...i pray the ldn DOSE SOMTHING FOR ME

KITTIE XO

05/03/2009 04:30 AM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Nope havent been on it...

But I checked out real quick...seems it is most commonly used to help with alcohol and opioid addiction.

Here is what it says about low dose...

Low dose naltrexone (LDN)

Main article: Low dose naltrexone

Low dose naltrexone (LDN), where the drug is used in doses approximately one-tenth those used for drug/alcohol rehabilitation purposes, is being used by some as an "off-label" experimental treatment for certain immunologically-related disorders,[10] including HIV/AIDS,[11] multiple sclerosis[12] (in particular, the primary progressive variant,[13]) Parkinson's disease, cancer, fibromyalgia,[14] autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis or ankylosing spondylitis, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and central nervous system disorders. from wikipedia

I guess you are going to have to ride it out and see how well its going to work...

Sorry - wish I had something else for ya

Christine

Post edited by: cmany, at: 05/03/2009 04:31 AM

05/03/2009 06:16 AM
TiffanyL
TiffanyLPosts: 73

I've been on it, but I haven't really noticed much help from it.

Pain isn't one of my bigger issues...so I guess I can't tell you much about that side of it. My immune system has been alot stronger...but I'm on several things for that and I can't tell how much of it is do to the LDN. I just know I haven't noticed much of a difference since starting it - some other people swear by it.

Sorry, that's kind of an indifferent answer, huh? Smile Let me know how it goes for you...I'm always curious to hear it's effects on others.

Tiffany

05/04/2009 02:37 PM
sherlock004

I tried it but had to stop because of the pain it produced. It made my endermetriosis flare up really bad, so it somehow messed with my hormones.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved