MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/10/2009 09:56 AM

Need Help-Natural Bartonella treatment

fitjack68

Hi

Can someone please advise what is the best natural treatment for bartonella. i am sure i have this and may be my missing piece of the puzzle.

Thanks in advance

Jackie

--- The discussion has been locked ---

04/10/2009 03:43 PM
apstarlet

yes I think I have this too, would like some info!

04/12/2009 06:28 PM
zoemajik
zoemajik  

I cannot tell you the best - as I have only recently realized I have bart (got a rash on minocycline and have a lot of the symptoms - LLMD overlooked. Hmm...) Here is a list of natural bartonella remedies that I have compiled.

The Nutramedix antimicrobials said to kill bartonella - Samento, Banderol, Quina, Cumanda

Clove bud essential oil drops, diluted (careful w/these)

HH capsules (I have NO idea what these are - Dr. S. says HH capsules and clove bud oil)

I don't know if Carnivora or Oil of Oregano kill bartonella, but several people here are taking those - not sure if for Lyme or bart, though...

My list is very small. Please add if you can think of more!

Valerie

Post edited by: zoemajik, at: 04/12/2009 18:29

04/12/2009 09:12 PM
Canuck
Canuck  

Zoe- you have good info in that head of yours, small and concise is best for us!

Cumanda is one of the only one I know that SAYS it can get bart BUT many could kill it. That's just one I know that kills all the co infections.

Banderol I think too- here is the post

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support- forums/medicine-treatments/361399-samento-cumanda-noni-aka- which-kills-what-bug

Post edited by: Canuck, at: 04/12/2009 21:13

04/12/2009 09:15 PM
Canuck
Canuck  

Cumanda - to me- is the strongest of the ones that kills all- samento is in it's own killer class to meSmile

but cumanda I do like as it's REALLY good as a pain reliever as well. Banderol - many will say start with that and that's what Cowden says to start with. I say if you want to use one thing at a time, Cumanda or banderol , especially if you are really sensitive

04/12/2009 09:26 PM
zoemajik
zoemajik  

Hey, I have a binder full of this stuff, remember? lol

Samento is in a killer class, for sure! One drop for you should've gotten it all, huh? Smile I got the Nutramedix info from their antimicrobial worksheet on their web site. I listed all the ones that mention bart. I definitely want to rotate Cumanda in at some point - gets Candida, too, right? It seems very beneficial. I already have clove oil on hand, but I want to take it easy w/that because of the eugenol toxicity issue. Just another tool in the arsenal...

10/11/2009 10:00 PM
Blackdog
Blackdog  

Clove oil? Doesn't that numb out everything? I used to take care of Koi and that was what we used if we needed to 'put them to sleep'. That is pretty strong stuff. I got a little on my lip once and it really numbed it out.

10/12/2009 10:17 AM
zoemajik
zoemajik  

hi Smile

clove oil isn't used "neat" or applied directly to the skin.

I think the only application where that would be helpful is how it used to be used - 1 drop on a sore tooth or gums.

From what I've read, it is ingested: either diluted (and I would think heavily, because it's so strong, maybe 1 drop per 8 oz. or so of water) or applied in an empty gelatin capsule (1 drop per cap).

Not the safest treatment option because of the toxicity level, I would imagine.

The information floating around that it kills bart comes from Dr. S, who mentioned it briefly in his bartonella book but did not describe how to use it or for how long.

A Lymie on another board did a phone consult with him and he would not elaborate on the dosage instructions over the phone.

Makes sense, why would a doctor prescribe a treatment without seeing a patient first ... but then, why would you mention a treatment in your bartonella book at all if you're not going to share your findings with other doctors and patients?

I dunno ...

Anyway, I still haven't tried it except in aromatherapy. I think I'd rather try safer treatment options first.

Valerie

**edited to break up paragraphs for easier reading

Post edited by: zoemajik, at: 06/07/2010 09:50 AM

06/06/2010 06:51 PM
hopefulwife
hopefulwife  

Hi my husband just started taking the HH and Allicin for Bartonella. His urine is turning very cloudy. Has this happened to anyone else? He has been doing many forms of treatments and he can't seem to turn the corner and start feeling better. Looking for any feedback. Thanks, Mary

06/06/2010 11:12 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

hi valerie,

would you EDIT your last post above written in 09 and make it 1-2 sentence paragraphs so all will be able to read and comprehend it.

big thanks my dear, dear, friend Smile hugs/kisses

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved