MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/11/2009 01:32 PM

breaking up text into short paragraphs & double sp

Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

hi chronic lyme patients,

the one thing that causes me NOT to spend a lot of time on this very supportive, wonderful board is this fact.

majority of us NEURO lyme patients can NOT read or comprehend LONG, solid blocks of text with NO PARAGRAPHS AND NO DOUBLE SPACING between each paragraph.

when i come on here and see your long text block posts, i have just got to SCROLL ON BY, SOB, because my mind will not allow me to comprehend anything past the 1st 2-3 lines.

i just can't do it.

so i'd like to ask the members, especially those who post/reply alot, to think of the NEURO chronic lyme patients, and to please try to break up your posts every 2-3 sentences MAX unless you are a WORDY person, and 1 sentence would be 1 paragraph.

i hope you understand what i'm saying and what i'm suggesting to you all.

fyi, i've had chronic lyme 39 yrs; 34.5 yrs. MISDIAGNOSED BY 40-50 DRS. and my neuro is the pits!

in my case, i never saw the tick nor did i have a bulls-eye rash, but using my daily journal tracked it back to my folks' LIVE XMAS TREE that it had to come off of.

it was sub-zero iowa weather; roommates/i had NO PETS; i didn't garden and who could in sub-zero weather, and all the normal ways of getting ticks was eliminated.

anyway, i thank you all for listening to what i had to say, and i'm not trying to pick on anyone; i just want to make you aware of more neuro lyme deficiencies we go thru too the longer we have this and UNTREATED as mine was for 34.5 years. Smile xox

bettyg, iowa activist

03/11/2009 04:14 PM
Canuck
Canuck  

Bettyg- I am going to take this, and make a thread that I keep meaning to do, another newbie or 'help us' thread with a sticky, put one here too, will copy your comments and put some more in it...

03/11/2009 05:07 PM
Julie4848

I have spoken to Roy about this...All my emails are ALL TOGETHER, and I can't do a thing about it....Its not on my end, its something with MD when they upgraded...

As I am reading your Betty its all together, not spaced out at all...Have no idea what to tell you except cute and past into word and read it that way, that is what I do with long posts...

At the moment I can't spend time trying to figure out why, I have to much going on at the moment...Sorry..

PM Roy and ask him, I have many times and so far all mine are still the same...Sad

03/11/2009 08:26 PM
Canuck
Canuck  

Julie- all together I am not even sure what you are talking about but will tell him.. They upgraded-what the heck was it like BEFORE? GoshSmile

03/12/2009 04:25 AM
Julie4848

When I open and email its all together, no paragraphs, it all runs together, and when I type and send and then go and read it, its all together, no paragraphs...Was not like this b-4

03/12/2009 04:27 AM
Julie4848

p.s. I will explain more but have to take Teddy to see the surgen for his Knee this morning....Another 2,500 hundred to fix this one and 3 long months of recovery...That will bring my lyme back out with all the stress...Trying to keep a dog from running/jumping is not a joy let me tell you....I'm really pissed at the moment...Then I have no idea who will help me with my mom as you can't just leave teddy for 14 days when he gets home (Glad I'm not working at the moment) so Jim is going to take off two weeks...This just sucks

03/16/2009 07:24 PM
KStuff
KStuff  

I've thought about this before, because I have the same problem. Never could figure out how to space things more appropriately. Any suggestions?

03/16/2009 10:09 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

stuff,

so i'd like to ask the members, especially those who post/reply alot, to think of the NEURO chronic lyme patients, and to please try to break up your posts every 2-3 sentences MAX unless you are a WORDY person, and 1 sentence would be 1 paragraph.

03/17/2009 05:25 AM
dharma79
dharma79  
VIP Member

I am curious...

Are my post spaced when you'all read them?

I've never experienced this spacing problem...At least I don't think so...

Blink Unsure Wassat

03/17/2009 09:35 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

dharma, yours come out FINE!

i've noticed it more on certain posters that it's all run together as one large, solid block of text.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved