MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/06/2009 04:10 PM

Starting tx. when did you begin to feel better?

dom22

I just started an antibiotic protocol 10 days ago for Lyme Dz. I know I'm going through die off, but I was wondering from you who have been on an antibiotic protocol, when did you start feeling better. I know it's different for each person, I am just wondering about some basic parameters. My abs. are Doxy 100 mg twice a day and Azithromycin 500 mg twice a day.

03/06/2009 04:22 PM
krissy
krissy  

wow I hate to bring bad news but depending on how long you have had Lyme and what co-infections you have had and also if you have been infected more than once, it could be weeks, months or even years b 4 you see a great improvement.

I have found thru my treatment that if you are also taking lots of supplements and OLE, CC or other natural antibiotics on top of the doxy and Az you could start to feel better in a matter of months. I pray you feel good soon.

God bless,

Krissy

03/06/2009 04:26 PM
dom22

Thanks Krissy for your reply.

I go to an Integrative Medicine doctor so I am on supplements and natural remedies.

What do these acronym's mean? OLE, CC

I'm just learning about everything.

03/06/2009 06:35 PM
hardball
hardball  

Welcome Arianna,

I often say that there is no silver bullet for this disease. There are different types of lyme and of course, the co's. Do you know if you have any co-infections? I stronly recommend that you get the book, The Lyme Disease Solution by Dr Singleton. It is my Bible on the disease.

It is an easy to read walking tour through Lyme.

I recently attended a gathering of Lymies to celebrate recoverry in Atlanta. There were about 20 of us with completely different symptoms and treatment protocols. All of us were seeing improvement for the most part. While none of us shared a recovery protocol or pattern, we had amazing similarities. The most common trait being a positive outlook, a commitment to getting well and a refusal to let the @#$@#%^ disease get/keep us down. Attitude is everything!!!! So, hand in there. If you don't see an improvement in a couple of weeks, there are many different protocols. Read the book and discuss the alternatives with your Dr. I gave all my Drs copies of the book.

Lastly, there are many other modalities that help. Infrared sauna, HBOT, supplements..... Ask questions.....the road is out there. Be persistent and keep fighting your way back to health!!

Good luck and feel better soon!

Susan

03/07/2009 03:38 AM
Julie4848

Hello:

For me it took around 8 months to feel good again...Which is not long...Sounds it, but really it is not...

03/07/2009 05:59 AM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

dom22

Acronyms...ole - olive leaf extract, oo - oil of oregano, cc = cat's claw...

Yea we do have a few...

My suggestion is to never put a time frame of this disease. As they say, "A watched pot doesnt boil" - you will feel like you are waiting forever, and start getting disappointed. Once the negative emotions set in - it becomes harder to get better...

Strive to find the treatment that works for you. Take note of changes both good and bad. Aim for feeling better - because better leads to even better which leads to remission.

I have had this for nearly 30 years - with 12 yrs straight treatment...never been in remission...now I am on a natural protocol and because I have adjusted my attitude...am progressing better then I ever have...

Learn as much as you can...

Feel free to PM any time

Christine

03/08/2009 10:49 AM
AbbyJean
AbbyJean  

I am on 500mg amox 2 pills 2x a day and Biaxin 500mg 2x a day. I just started taking mine about 3days ago and like you Arianna have not seen any change.

I know it has only been 3 days but I guess I was expecting a herx or something. I have tremendis heat around my mouth that feels like it's burning and my whole arm went numb but other than that I feel much.

I like what you said Christine about watching a pot and waiting 4 it to boil bc that is exactly how I feel right now.

My friend gave me the book Lyme Disease solution and it was really helpful.

I am waiting for my test results to come back for WB and also coinfections. I have to wait about 10 weeks for my next appointment to find out.

Hang in there Arianna it will get better, I am in the same boat as you. Smile

03/08/2009 01:53 PM
Canuck
Canuck  

I have been in treatment since Oct 08.. Will let you know if and when if feel better! Not a happy camper at this point ,and there is no time frame..To be gloomy, through all my research, some tak 18 months to 3 years.. But- different for all. Some here will say 6-8 months.. Detox is key, flushing toxins via drinking a ton of water, and if it gets really bad with the fog/weakness/fatigue you may need something to supp for detox as sometimes our bodies can't do it on their own. Best of luck and welcome to a great group

03/08/2009 01:54 PM
Canuck
Canuck  

Abbyjean- that's the best book!

03/08/2009 03:42 PM
Jenn56
Jenn56  

Everyone is different,,May will be 3 years that i have been sick and i havent been off of abxs since,,,,I also have had every co-infection so that hasnt helped any jst makes it harder,,I have bad days and good days i find the winter is harder then the summer 4 me,,I have jst learned to stop trying to fight it,its not going away so my goel is to get in under control so i can live a some what normal life,,,

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved