MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/18/2012 04:09 PM

Pain in finger bones / toe bones

mem4974

Does anyone else get this? I don't get pain in the joint, but the actual bone.

I'll have this symptom fairly frequently, as well as similar pains in my hands / feet.

I've seen it listed as both a bartonella and babesia symptom, so I'm curious if others experience this.

07/18/2012 04:28 PM
keetesh

Oh, yes. The rheumatologist gave me a very strange look when I told him the pain was not in the joint.

He wrote me off when all the tests he did were normal. He actually seemed frightened of me when I went back with positive Lyme tests from Igenex.

It was hilarious. He's going in the book I'm gonna write.....

Post edited by: keetesh, at: 07/18/2012 04:29 PM

07/18/2012 06:06 PM
mem4974

Yea, I've also had some pretty memorable conversations with doctors. The most significant probably being the internist who told me during my pre-diagnosis phase that "you just have chronic pain and need to learn to live with it".

Seeing as how I'm 26 years old, I wasn't really going to accept that answer.

Post edited by: renguin22, at: 07/18/2012 06:06 PM

07/18/2012 08:00 PM
keetesh

Good for you. Personally, I don't think any aged person should accept that answer.

Maybe if we clinicians could feel our patient's symptoms for a good 15 minutes in our own bodies before we could say anything.......

07/18/2012 08:49 PM
bellelmt
bellelmtPosts: 233

Yes, I do.

I did before lyme but using my hands so repetitive in the clinic was the cause. At one point, I had a stress fracture in my hand.

It really bothers me when drs dismiss pain as psychosomatic or when they say you'll have to learn to live with it.

Pain can be psychosomatic, granted that's true but in my opinion treating patients pain via manual therapy its not as common as coined by drs.

Last night, i had pain in the top foot bones. Don't recall it before.

Have pain in hands a lot but the foot was bone pain, vs the usual muscle pain.

I have not been tested for bart that I am aware of. Bab came out negative, like Lyme.

I just have tick bite, EM rash and symptoms for a clinical diagnosis.

Belle

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved