MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/15/2012 02:10 PM

Lyme Literate Doctor in CT

akarbass12

I am an adult male in the New Haven, CT area looking for an LLMD.

I was tested for lyme disease last month, Western Blot was performed and I tested reactive for 3 bands (30, 41, and 58). IGN and IGG were performed but I do not have those results. Sorry if I can not be more specific. This was done at a Quest Diagnostics center. My doctor said the tests were "equivocal" but I am well aware of the margin of error for lyme disease tests.

I was put on a 3 week course of doxycycline but experienced no results.

I have had symptoms for 6 months now.

My symptoms are muscle twitches, headaches, joint pain/stiffness, numbness and tingling, palpitations, muscle loss, muscle aches and cramps, enlarged veins, TMJ and lightheadedness.

No other diagnosis has been made.

I am looking for a more standard medical approach over a holistic one, and also a doctor that is thorough in testing and analysis. Preferably a rheumatologist or neurologist. If that doctor accepts insurance that would also be good.

Thank you for taking the time out to help.

07/15/2012 02:20 PM
Weasy
Weasy  
VIP Member

Hey Akarbass12.. Welcome to the group! Wink

Make sure you post your LLMD request in the "Doctor (LLMD) Requests" forum on this site. One of the group leaders will assist when they're available.

I also was put on 3 weeks of Doxycycline and had no results. Well that's a lie; I did have an upset stomach but no herxing. Tongue

Your symptoms sound like classic Lyme Disease so I commend you for traveling this route.

You're going to want an LLMD or LLND (integrative). No other doctor understands the ins and outs of Lyme Disease as well as they do.

Hang in there! Wink

07/15/2012 04:40 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to MD JUNCTION! I'm so glad you found us! You've come to the right place for education and support!

Private messages DELETED in 30 days!

ARCHIVE, upper right!

My WELCOME LETTER is posted at the top of SUPPORT FORUM in sticky pin full of good info and HYPERLINKS ready to be read.

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support- forums/general-support/2356916-bettygs-welcome-letter-wgood- beginner-links-

The most important things are at the top; MUST READ and print off as mentioned there already to start your lyme/co-infection journey with us all.

The 1st things to do are:

• JOIN LYME BOARD;

• Post in LLMD REQUEST FORUM for a LYME LITERATE md; see my welcome letter and the INSTRUCTIONS there if you are SPECIALLY FROM CALIF. Where it's broken down into 8 NAMED AREAS.

• You'll need to give me my calif. NAMED area where you live in the areas shown there in SUBJECT LINE plus if it's for ADULT or a child; we need age of CHILD; some llmds have AGE restrictions.

• OTHER STATES will show the SPECIFIC NAME OF THEIR STATE and Qclosest, largest city to them in SUBJECT line plus adult or child; UNDER 21; we need their age!.

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support- forums/llmd-info/Itemid=217/func=post/do=reply

• Also, we'll need the following info in your request post:

in your llmd request, please EDIT and add more info ok.

Are you UNDER AGE 21;; if yes, I need your age shown as some of our llmds have AGE RESTRICTIONS; thanks!

how long you've been sick

if you've tested for lyme/co-infections;

which labs doing work for which specific test, etc.

did you have western blot igm/igg done by igenex?

if yes, what were the POSITIVE & INDETERMINDED numbers; NOT negatives.

thanks for understanding; just EDIT your post. you can find all by going to left MY DISCUSSIONS, click on it.

after you add more, a LEADER will send you names ok.

I RECENTLY RETIRED AFTER 6 LONG YRS. OF DOING THIS!

Betty's suggested posting guidelines:

NO ALL CAPS POSTS; they are illegible to me/other neuro folks!

Many of members have neuro lyme, and it is hard to read long solid block text and be able to comprehend; example, me, 42 yrs. neuro chronic lyme, so we are UNABLE to comprehend and read. Thank you for helping us help YOU 

Please post in short paragraphs like you see below or look at a few other posts, but we neuro folks need them short.

1-2 sentences MAX per paragraph and hit ENTER TWICE to double space between each paragraph. We've lost our comprehension skills to read solid block text.

We neuros lose our train of thought if the sentence is broken up in the middle; so please keep an ENTIRE sentence together as ONE. hugs

For easier reading, please edit your post. You can break up your longer paragraphs into smaller paragraphs. Please hit

ENTER key twice after each paragraph.

Go to left hand corner; click edit send. Then go to bottom and click SUBSCRIBE TO THIS DISCUSSION.

Thank you for posting in a manner that makes it easier for all to read and help others.

Bettyg, Iowa activist FOREVER Wink

YES, be prepared to PAY UPFRONT!

i've heard of some requiring down payments; i wasn't aware of that one at all!!

very FEW accept insurance; why?

insurance co. allow 7 min. per patient; we can hardly say hello in that time!

you also have to follow INSURANCE'S GUIDELINES ON TREATMENTS, IDSA/infectious disease drs. socieity guidelines... BAD NEWS FOR US!

by NOT accepting insurance, they can practice ILADS/intl. lyme and associated disease lyme guidelines ... treating you longer than 4 wks. of antibiotics, herbals, and alternative therapeis.

they allow 30-60 min. appt; longer 1st time; you pay accordinatelly for those appts.

ACCEPTING INSURANCE; they get very little $$ to pay the staff/overhead of building/utilities, etc.

many call patients day before to make sure they will be there; MANY DO NOT SHOW UP NOR HAVE THE DECENCY TO CALL SAYING THEY ARE NOT COMING!!

they could get those close by to come in but NOT being called; they are OUT THE MONEY and having one hell of a time meeting the bills.

our LLMDS are NOT RICH by any mean]]]]

i hope this answers your questions so you understand what THEY are going thru too.

hugs/prayers,

bettyg, Iowa activist forever

RETIRED llmd coordinator for 6 yrs working directly with these drs/former group leader

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved