MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/29/2012 07:04 PM

Numb tingly arm. Why?

vickgould
vickgould  

My left arm is numb tingly. What causes this? I used to have the problem and thought it was gone. Now it's back and a nuisance.

It feels like it is falling asleep but not numb. Not pins and needles. Feels like it would when it's about to fall asleep. I want it to go away. I try to shake more bloodflow into it but that doesnt work. Anyone have any suggestions?

06/29/2012 07:45 PM
Jan1960
Jan1960  

This was one of my first Lyme symptoms. Yes..please make sure it is not heart-related but all of those sensations are typical with Lyme.

Jan

06/29/2012 08:14 PM
ontong
ontongPosts: 269

OK, I have had that left arm numbness since I was inmy 20s. It is very common, and not necessarily related to lyme disease. It can simply be a bulging disk in your neck. Most of us who have any kind of desk job are prone to this because we keep our heads forward so much.

So, try this exercize. Lie on your stomach on the bed with you head hanging off the edge. Drop your head down and then raise it to just above horizontal. Do 15 or 20 of these twice a day. Within days your numbness and tingling should go away.

Now, I am not saying this isnt a heart condition. Only your cardiologist can tell you that. But if you are relatively young and in decent shape, its most likely a bulging disk. You can find more info online for bulging disks.

I hope this helps you out!

John

06/30/2012 06:23 AM
vickgould
vickgould  

Thanks for the responses. I will ask my doc abou the heart thing the next time I go in. I do have a problematic 6th vertebrae, so I'm hoping the exercises off the edge of the bed will work.

07/01/2012 07:14 PM
Seschelll

I hAve same thing- when to cardio- ruled out hheart- neuro did mri its discs from necK--- I hAve my muscle in my left arm hurts all the time- not sure what that's about but I feel its going downhill--- chmite check heart. Take care. SeSchell I haven't been online for a while blackberry acting up- forgive my unanswered posts

07/01/2012 11:45 PM
RasMike
RasMike  

i have lymes related heart issues and narrowing between c 6 n 7 and i get this daily.

I agree heart work up is good but these docs are sometimes very little help. I got major tachicardia and have had ekg, treadmill ekg n holter moniter ad they just sent me away saying , "deal with it' I asked about a echo cardiogram and the said no need, no good info , it really pisses me off!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved