MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/26/2009 10:10 AM

Face Rash!

rainey99
rainey99  

I've been getting odd flare-ups on my face, it's red, feels and looks like a sunburn- red and hot, some small itchy bumps, some time spreads to neck, chest, back and shoulders. My llmd said it sounds like yeast, but i highly doubt that, I've been on anti candida/gluten free diet for a year even before diagnosis and abx and with no other vaginal or thrush sighs of yeast. The episodes are totally random and I don't think abx related- been on the same for a few weeks, lasting from one to several hours. Nothing seems to relieve it. Anyone else? If it is a herx or some kind of 'coming out' great, but for now I am perplexed and red hot!!!

Devil

02/26/2009 11:04 AM
dharma79
dharma79  
VIP Member

I get a rash on my face that is warm to the touch, red and spread out in big blotches that also extend to my chest and neck.

It is not itchy generally speaking, but I do sometimes also get random ithy spots that look like tiny bug bites but disappear as quickly as they come. I get these little itchy spots all over my body but especially on my face and upper body. Sometimes I also get a small cluster of these spots.

Unfortunately, I haven't the foggiest clue what it is either and I don't even know if it is Lyme related or something Lyme just exacerbates...

But at least you know you aren't the only one with the weird blotchy red face for no reason...Sideways

02/26/2009 11:22 AM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Rainy,

Ya never know it could still be yeast...it is very persistant too...

could also be how the skin is detoxing...

there are other conditions where if your skin does not exfoliate well enough it can cause rashes like you are describing...

I forget what the condition is called - i have it - and have had it flare incredibly at times - on other parts of the body it is more spread out but on the face its more clustered...and it can itch...

Am Lactin cream - or any kind of cream with alphy hydroxy helps - BUT it burns the first couple of times...ALSO what made it go away on my face was an allergy shot that I had rec'd for something else entirely - but it made my face totally clear...the rest on my body calmed down - it was really bad after i had my youngest...

hope this helps

Christine

02/26/2009 11:27 AM
TiffanyL
TiffanyLPosts: 73

Could it be rosacea?

02/26/2009 01:52 PM
rainey99
rainey99  

Thanks for the replies, ladies! Phew, I'm not nuts. I don't think it's rosacea, it's fleeting and hot and comes stronger on the left side of m face- like all my other lyme problems, but rosacea did coss my mind...

02/26/2009 03:08 PM
sciteacher
sciteacher  

I get that too, more so on my neck than anywhere else. My scalp and face will break out all of the sudden and will go away just as quick. I do believe that it is lyme related...I notice it most when I am stressed out and my lyme is acting up. I have been tested for yeast and it is always negative.

Any of you have sudden sensations in your hands where they fell wet in places but aren't then they have white and red splotches for a few moments?Shocked

Post edited by: sciteacher, at: 02/26/2009 15:08

02/26/2009 04:44 PM
mem6757

Sci.. i woke up today to find red blotches on my forearms.and there itchy too..i am really mystified by this, i know i hit the oils hard lately but dont know if its inflammation or toxins.. oh well maybe it will go away quickly like yours Smile

02/26/2009 06:39 PM
smileanyway
smileanyway  

I get the red face too. No bumps just red and hot to the touch and more on the right then the left. Most of my lyme issues are on the right. So Rainy I wonder if it really could be lyme related.

Post edited by: smileanyway, at: 02/26/2009 22:47

02/26/2009 10:32 PM
KelloggsM
KelloggsM  

Rainey,

I get that too. I've found that some hand sanitizer put on it helps to make it go away faster. I know it's random, but it works for me about half the time, which is better than nothing at all.

02/27/2009 07:37 AM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Sci - I used to get that years ago - even on my face...so weird some of these things that we must go through...dont know what the hell it is or how to make it go away...

The odd thing for me - is that so much of what you guys have now are things that i had years ago - makes me wonder...

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved